No announcement yet.

Saturday Draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am on board with Tony Hunt. Who cares if he runs a 4.7 40. I said it before, we don't need him busting out 60 yard runs. Just 2 and 3 yarders and a .... FIRST DOWN.

Comment

• Originally posted by sfphillyfan
      I am on board with Tony Hunt. Who cares if he runs a 4.7 40. I said it before, we don't need him busting out 60 yard runs. Just 2 and 3 yarders and a .... FIRST DOWN.
      Yep. 3-4 yds and a cloud of dust. That's why they grabbed him. The blunt hammer to Westbrook's sharp, rapid strokes.

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH
        I was speaking of what they would contribute thier first year. THIS draft, I see NOONE that I expect to contribute this year. MAYBE Hunt.
        You are clearly upset about value of the picks, but to take it so far as to not see how these players meet needs, is just plain over-reacting. Just read my above post. Three first day picks SHOULD contribute some this year. That is all you could ask for with our position and talent. Anyone who thought we were getting a starter for this club picking late in each round is dillutional. Please tell me who out of ALL of the draft picks taken after the 20th pick WOULD START FOR THE IGGLES THIS YEAR!?!?!!?
        Pedro

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
          Heckert showed he can't handle the show. With Reid's leadership missing for awhile - this was 90% Heckert's draft.

It's a bad one.
          It's a bad one in that it doesn't help the team immediately. Several years from now it might look like a good one.

The draft is such a knee-jerk event, it that everyone immediatley wants to rank their teams. I don't like their picks from yesterday right now, but who knows years from now. Maybe Kolb is legit. Maybe Hunt turns out to be like Bucky minus the injuries.

Sure I would have liked a DB, but it didn't fall that way. For ANY of us to put a stamp on this draft right now is laughable.

Comment

Working...
          X