Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boldin and the Cards....

Originally posted by Green With Envy
    I know I'm in the minority but I don't consider Anquan Boldin an upper tier WR. I think he's a good possession receiver that averages 13 yards a catch. He would definately help our team but I don't think he's a HUGE upgrade. Now Fitzgerald is another story.

I'd rather have Lito. Now Reggie Brown and a 2nd and I'm on board.

Better yet:

Reggie Brown
    McDougle
    Moats
    Constidine
    a six pack of Bud

for Anquan Boldin
    Throw in some cash, and then the Bidwell's will do it.

Comment

Cards and Eagles trade mentioned. Boldin definitely not happy with his situation.

http://stations.espn.go.com/stations/es ... id=3208681
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

"I know I'm in the minority but I don't consider Anquan Boldin an upper tier WR.'

I concur. Although Boldin would be an upgrade for us, he certainly does not merit the same excitement that we had for Fitzgerald early in the year.

However, we might need to make a move just to keep Boldin from going to the Cowboys. I shudder to think what T.O. and Boldin could do together. The Cowboys just might be the Pats of 2008 if they get a talent like Boldin to be their #2 guy.

Comment

So, the other board is talking about Lito and a 1st for Boldin. This is too rich for my blood.

I realize that Boldin has become a much better receiver than he was projected. But, here is his Sports Illustrated draft bio from 2003 FWIW:

NEGATIVES: Not quick off the line of scrimmage, lacks sharpness running routes and overall quickness. Does not have the second gear or have separation downfield.

ANALYSIS: Not as bad as he looked at the Combine but his draft ranking will suffer none the less. A viable possession receiver at the next level who sneaks it downfield on occasion.

PROJECTION: Mid Fourth Round

Comment

I'd trade Lito and a 2nd for Boldin in a heartbeat.

Of course, Samuel better not be hurt.

Comment

Boldin is a true stud. I don't see much of a difference between him, and Fitzgerald. This team needs that go to guy... kind of like the guy we had in 2004 .. I forgot that asshats name.

Anyway, I doubt that it will happen this close to the season starting, so I'm tempering my hopes...

Comment

Yeah, it's hard to figure being able to bring a WR in this late and get him in the swing of things by the time the season gets here. But...wasn't it around this time that we signed Donte? Boldin clearly wants out, but I'm not sure how much I want to give up for him. Somebody offer up Lewis and Moats, LOL!
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                    bump
                    I still don't think WR is an issue on this team. A pro bowl TE would be nice though.
                    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
                      bump
                      I still don't think WR is an issue on this team. A pro bowl TE would be nice though.
                      Did you see Boldin play last night? The guy is a beast. They ran him out of the backfield. He's catching balls in traffic and destroying defenders. It was awesome.

Oh and he and Kurt Warner tore up up the Flyin Hawaiins.

Comment

Yup... the last thing we need is a stud receiver... screw that.. Greg Lewis is the man.

Comment

Maybe the drafting of Ikeguonu was supposed to be a hedge against Lito going elsewhere. (like Moats with Westbrook, IMO) Not saying that Lito=Ikeguonu, just saying that maybe he is supposed to be the nickelback of the future, thereby making it easier to move Lito for pick(s) or player (Boldin?) after signing Samuel.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
                            bump
                            Did you see Boldin play last night? The guy is a beast. They ran him out of the backfield. He's catching balls in traffic and destroying defenders. It was awesome.

Oh and he and Kurt Warner tore up up the Flyin Hawaiins.
                            Yeah he's a beast. But if I had to choose between Boldin and Julius Peppers I would take Peppers. Same for a stud TE.

Comment

I don't know the answer to the contract dilemma. It's there and always going to be there. Every year there is a new standard and if you signed 2-3 years ago you are going to fall behind. Maybe an NFL wide rule of contracts not exceeding four years or signing bonus' not exceeding a certain percentage. But the players will whine and b***h about that as much as they do about getting left behind. Myself I'd be just as POd about the problems they have with rookies getting huge sums guaranteed when they may never see the playing field while vets don't see that same kind of deal.
                              As an aside, any of you stat guys know how to find out the playing time for the year. I'd be curious to know how much PT Lito is really getting. I thought I saw a whole lot of other guys on Sun and not much Lito. I'm not so sure Lito has that much PT but I could be wrong.

I also have been looking for the listing of official dates on the NFL calendar and haven't been able to find the trade deadline. I thought that it had already passed and thus any trades this year were out the window. Again, I am probably wrong but can't find a site that describes the NFL year in dates.
                              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle`
                                I don't know the answer to the contract dilemma. It's there and always going to be there. Every year there is a new standard and if you signed 2-3 years ago you are going to fall behind. Maybe an NFL wide rule of contracts not exceeding four years or signing bonus' not exceeding a certain percentage. But the players will whine and b***h about that as much as they do about getting left behind. Myself I'd be just as POd about the problems they have with rookies getting huge sums guaranteed when they may never see the playing field while vets don't see that same kind of deal.
                                As an aside, any of you stat guys know how to find out the playing time for the year. I'd be curious to know how much PT Lito is really getting. I thought I saw a whole lot of other guys on Sun and not much Lito. I'm not so sure Lito has that much PT but I could be wrong.

I also have been looking for the listing of official dates on the NFL calendar and haven't been able to find the trade deadline. I thought that it had already passed and thus any trades this year were out the window. Again, I am probably wrong but can't find a site that describes the NFL year in dates.
                                There is no official stats on playing time. You would have to go back and watch game film.

I wish I still had my contact at NFL films to get me the coaches take

Comment

Working...
                                X