No announcement yet.

NYC Sportswriter predicts BLOWOUT by Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would you think that a NY sports writer would write anything else? Does Spads not think the Eagles are going to go to the playoff's and get a good SB run going? It's NY and after a loss and looking at the Eagles and Seahawks coming up they're desperate for a W. You should see the best the Gint's have to give on Sunday, and I hope the Eagles kick the shit outta them.
    Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

Dang! Cool avatar Swing!

Oh, yeah, and we'll kick the shit out of the Jints.
      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by nc
        Why would you think that a NY sports writer would write anything else? Does Spads not think the Eagles are going to go to the playoff's and get a good SB run going? It's NY and after a loss and looking at the Eagles and Seahawks coming up they're desperate for a W. You should see the best the Gint's have to give on Sunday, and I hope the Eagles kick the shit outta them.
        Spads is a talking head for the Phladelphia Eagles. This guy is supposed to be a journalist. He's either 1) retarded 2) pandering to the nyc audience. neither of which is good.

Comment

Well, for every Spads, we have a Stephen Ass Smith. Did you see the headline for his article today? Something about, "Dont' plan a parade for the Eagles just yet." I refuse to read it because I don't want to fall into his trap of giving his stories hits when they are deliberately trying to provoke fans.

I think any fan would be out of their mind to take too much out of Week 1. I liked what I saw, but I think I'll reserve judgement - either optimistic or pessimistic - until I see a little more than one game.

Comment

Just say no to SAS. However, every moron who is on WIP will click on that so that's where his audience comes from.

Comment

Nobody knows what they have in their team. Well, at least outside Oak, Tenn, GB and a few others that are obviously bad.

We could beat the living shit out the Giants - or vice versa - but we still have to play 14 more games to keep it rolling or to turn it around.

Nobody should be planning their parades quite yet.

Comment

NYC sports media are, generally, out of their minds. I swear that EVERY YEAR the NY Post & Daily News preseason picks are for a Subway Series and Subway Super Bowl. Even as bad as the Knicks are now, they are still picked to make the playoffs every year by the NY papers. Say what you want about the Phila sportswriters, but they are certainly not flaming homers like the NYC writers.
                Bring it Home for Jerome

Comment

while the giants were struggling to beat mike mcmahon in OT last year i thought to myself, "just wait until mcnabb and westbrook come back, we add a number one receiver, and our d line gets fixed- the giants sure will kill us then."
                  socratee.spreadshirt.com

Comment

I wonder what this idiot is basing his prediction on. Couldn't have been last year I mean the last game these two played went into overtime. The Eagles were lead by the vaunted attack of Mike McMahon at QB, Ryan Moats at RB and Greg Lewis as the number 1 reciever that does not even take into accoutn that about 14 players on the injured reserve list for the Eagles. In fact both games against the Giants last year were without McNabb

I think this is going to be a tough game, a hard fought game all the way through. Tiki will get his, but so will Westbrook. It is going to come down to this, the Trenches. Looking at the two teams the Eagles have the better offensive line especially with Snee being hurt and at worst the two DL are equal, but I have to believe the Eagles line is better because their DT's are better. It is going to be close through three quarters then the Eagles take over in quarter 4 with their fresh legs on defense cause Eagles to crap his diaper and turn the ball over. I see a 27-17 Eagles Victory.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Granted, nobody gives a shit here what a NY sportswriter has to say, but to say that the Giants will kill the Eagles is flat out ignorant. I can certainly see someone arguing that the Giants will win the game, it's certainly going to be a tough game.

I think he's only looking at the offensive skill positions when he makes the argument that the Giants are more talented. Hell, I think most "experts" only focus on the offensive skill positions when they talk about talent. And when the Eagles have #5 behind center, not a whole lot of teams are way more talented on offense.

Comment

I didn't hear it and I have no idea who the guest was. But the NY Post has a guy who covers the Giants named Paul Schwartz. Not sure if he's the beat writer or just a columnist. Guess he is a possibility....

Can't wait to pick up the Post though on Monday morning after the GMen go 0-2!!
                        Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

Originally posted by erik
                          I think he's only looking at the offensive skill positions when he makes the argument that the Giants are more talented. Hell, I think most "experts" only focus on the offensive skill positions when they talk about talent. And when the Eagles have #5 behind center, not a whole lot of teams are way more talented on offense.

Although, he offered no explanation...just threw out the comment that the "Giants were much more talented" than the Birds...I suspect you're correct. I don't know if the guy actually believed the crap he was spewing or was just trying to be provocative. His attitude was more that of a homer fan than a sportswriter. There was an undertone of ridicule in his remarks, as if the Birds were a team of upstarts that were deluding themselves if they thought they even belonged on the same field with the Gnats.

It is this dismissive, smartass sense of superiority and entitlement, that many NYC fans and sportswriters have, that I find SOOOOO annoying.

Comment

If you analyze the talent, you can make a case that:

The Eagles have a CLEAR advantage over:

QB position.
                            Secondary (even without Lito)
                            DT position (and the DL in general IMO, but the DEs are a wash).
                            The ENTIRE OL.
                            Our kicker.

The Giants have an advantage over:

LB position.

The rest of the positions, including Tiki vs. Westbrook are a wash.

Tiki is slightly better than Westbrook, Schokey is slightly better than LJ Smith, and Burress can be considered a "better" receiver than Stallworth at this point, although I personally think otherwise. Toomer and Brown and Carter and Lewis/Baskett are a wash.

The DEs are perhaps an area where people might believe the Giants rule, but I disagree - Strahan and Osi did get numbers last year, but Howard and Kearse have been producers in the past, and in their first game together, looked really good. Hence you can't argue that Strahan and Osi are better.

You can also make a case that Jacobs and Buckhalter are a wash as well, I can personally give the edge to Jacobs because of Bucky's health.

Lastly, you can make a case that both team's punters are good.

And don't talk to me about our vs. their depth. When our backup to backup RB rushed for over 100 yards last year against them, and our backup QBs and WRs are better than theirs, and our backup tackles and guards would likely start for them, and our entire backup DL would start for most teams in the NFL, I think we have clearly better depth.

Now, I would be a total homer if I stood up and said that there's no way the Giants cannot win. But I certainly laugh when I hear that we don't have the talent that the Giants have.
                            "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

Working...
                            X