NYC Sportswriter predicts BLOWOUT by Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC Sportswriter predicts BLOWOUT by Giants

FWIW, I'm half listening to Cowherd on ESPN when a NYC Sportswriter named Paul "something" comes on and takes the following positions:

- Giants are "much more talented" than the Eagles

- Giants barely lost to a top tier team, in part because of terrible calls (true), while Philly is "feeling good about beating a Texan team that couldn't play .500 ball in NFL Europe."

- Giants will "blow the Eagles out on Sunday."

I love sportswriters that are clueless homers. This clown had all the arrogance of the worst kind of Gnats bulletin board posters. I wish I had caught his last name so I could send him a friendly e-mail.

the great thing about sports is that it all gets settled on the field, and not by mindless sportswriters.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

cowherds 'around the globe' is great for the local sports personalities to get on nat'l radio and say how great their team is

such a joke

so is cowherd, for that matter
      the scary part is he's arguably only the 3rd or 4th worst and 3rd or 4th most annoying host on espn radio because of mike and mike and dan patrick
      Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Eli Manning is going to eat crap and like it on SUNDAY. I can't wait. I cannot freaking wait.

This is such an ignorant thing to say. Can the GIANTS win? Sure. Did Mike McMahon almost beat them with the same stupid ass team? Yes.

Time to eat McNabb's jockstrap.

Eagles 30
        Giants 19
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

reesecal,

So that was 'Around the Globe' I was listening to. That explains why I didn't recognize "Paul's" last name.

I usually avoid Coherd because he is so intentionally obnoxious. The only thing he knows much about is college FB.

Comment

Which tabloid does he write for? Did he say?

Comment

What they didn't report was that after making those comments, he went back to hitting his crack pipe.

Comment

SOT= we all love Lilly, but the two girls tonguing each other is much hotter.
                Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                  Which tabloid does he write for? Did he say?
                  I wasn't paying close attention until he started making his troll comments, so I caught neither his last name or who he worked for. I was waiting for Cowherd to give the guy's last name at the end of the call, but he didn't.

Comment

Yeah - this guy knows this while the Vegas odds makers have the Eagles as the favorites. Sure - the odds makers are way out in left field

Comment

Originally posted by nc
                      SOT= we all love Lilly, but the two girls tonguing each other is much hotter.
                      That one is still in play over on Philaphans.

I have to diversify.

Comment

The Giants sportswriters and radio guys as a whole pretty much seem to think the Giants should be able to handle the Eagles fairly easily.

Comment

I think this will be a close game until the 4th when the Iggs take over. That Vagiant team has way too much going on. Players don't really like Coughlin, Eli has yet to get through puberty, and their secondary is horrible. That secondary will be the main reason why they lose.
                          FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Double posts add so much to the board.
                            FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

This town is seriously convinced they have a Super Bowl team in the Giants. They seem to ignore all of their flaws and say things like "Once we stop making these stupid mistakes...." But they never seem to think that it is in their team's nature to make stupid mistakes. They brought in Tom because he's a disciplinarian and they think he can clean up this stupid stuff. But some guys can't be disciplined. You can't turn a team of Plaxicos and Shockeys and Arringtons into the Patriots.

Comment

Working...
                              X