No announcement yet.

Wasted talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I seeing things or did MM do all the playcalling today?

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
      Am I seeing things or did MM do all the playcalling today?
      No I didn't ,I would have run the ball
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga View Post
        But the Pack gave Starks the ball early and often right until the end. Andy just can't get this through his head.
        Yep. On the first play, when pass was called and Vick was sacked I had a feeling that the whole run-pass thing would rear its head again.

Comment

Folks - your power back is returning next season in the form of Leonard Weaver. We forget how effective that cat was. And unlike Brandon Graham, Weaver had all of this season as a head start on recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga View Post
            Yep. McCoy with 12 carries and 4 receptions. Terrible plan by Marty and Andy. Again.

Starks, STARKS!!!, had 23 carries.

This

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
              Folks - your power back is returning next season in the form of Leonard Weaver. We forget how effective that cat was. And unlike Brandon Graham, Weaver had all of this season as a head start on recovery.

Would love to agree but.......just how well is Weaver going to recover from what may be a pretty devastating injury? ANyone heard any updates on him???
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

McCoy certainly got used more this season and the production was 1000 yds +, 7 TD and alot of respect within and outside the organization...not to mention his pass catching stats in addition to his vastly improved blocking skills

As EFD stated, its easy to argue bad game plan for Reid/MM after the fact and ignoring that again the run game was NOT that effective vs the Pack and we were BEHIND the entire game fighting the clock.

I believe Reid/MM wanted to run more (the first couple of series had McCoy run plays), but the Pack shut it down and then got the 7 and then 14-0 lead. The Pack also shut Vick's running down for the most part all game too...

The offense did not execute well enough in any facet, run or pass, to maintain consistent movement of the ball and point scoring. 16 points for this offense is not a good performance.

The best offensive plays we had were the short to intermediate passing routes which took advantage of GB playing deep coverage and zoning their LB.
                Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                  Would love to agree but.......just how well is Weaver going to recover from what may be a pretty devastating injury? ANyone heard any updates on him???
                  This is true Fresh. I'm hoping for a return. Unlike Hobbs who has basically come out and said his career is probably done, I haven't heard the same from Weaver.

Comment

Steve - Weaver came out and said something to the effect of he's gonna try as hard as he can but if his career was over, he was at peace with it. That was like a couple days after the injury so he might have been wistful because of how bad it was. Or maybe he understood it might be his time.

I'd love to see Weaver back but man that was one nasty injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post
                      McCoy certainly got used more this season and the production was 1000 yds +, 7 TD and alot of respect within and outside the organization...not to mention his pass catching stats in addition to his vastly improved blocking skills

As EFD stated, its easy to argue bad game plan for Reid/MM after the fact and ignoring that again the run game was NOT that effective vs the Pack and we were BEHIND the entire game fighting the clock.

I believe Reid/MM wanted to run more (the first couple of series had McCoy run plays), but the Pack shut it down and then got the 7 and then 14-0 lead. The Pack also shut Vick's running down for the most part all game too...

The offense did not execute well enough in any facet, run or pass, to maintain consistent movement of the ball and point scoring. 16 points for this offense is not a good performance.

The best offensive plays we had were the short to intermediate passing routes which took advantage of GB playing deep coverage and zoning their LB.
                      Like, I've said in other threads, I don't expect or need them to run the ball 25+ times a game. I would just like to see them call some timely run or at least leave possibility of a run open. Meaning, why are we so often in shotgun on short yardage downs. I realize that's Vick's strength, but it's just a dead giveaway that the Eagles are passing or at the very most running a slow developing draw play. Take the snap under center and the defense at least has to think about run.
                      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                        Like, I've said in other threads, I don't expect or need them to run the ball 25+ times a game. I would just like to see them call some timely run or at least leave possibility of a run open. Meaning, why are we so often in shotgun on short yardage downs. I realize that's Vick's strength, but it's just a dead giveaway that the Eagles are passing or at the very most running a slow developing draw play. Take the snap under center and the defense at least has to think about run.
                        I do not disagree with that, LD.
                        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                        X