Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by musicman View Post
    Encore at 1:30 ,cool
    I luckily stuck with it. I figured if they could get the next goal and cut it to a two point lead they would be back in the game. I didn't expect them to take over the second and third periods like they did.

I still can't believe in the final two minutes Giroux keeping the puck away from THREE Bruins! JVR had a huge game. What a series.

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
    Let's have a moment of silence for John Stevens career

Look what happens when you have an actual hockey coach
    That is the truth. Stevens was one of the boys.

Laviolette has done a helluva job so far.
    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Awesome, just awesome.

Laviolette, what a great job he's done with this team.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        That's every athlete.

You gonna watch the encore, leif?
        C'mon you have to recognize the difference between your average hockey player and the average player from the NFL, MLB, or NBA.
        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I was at a party in DC, my girlfriend and I kept checking the score through the internet access on our phones. Daaaamn, whatta great comeback! Been checking the video footage since -- great stuff!!!!!!!!!!!
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Well needless to say, they're still in shock up here. Great job by the Flyers!!
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              Well needless to say, they're still in shock up here. Great job by the Flyers!!
              It's kind of a shame. Bruins fans are as close to "philly" type fans as you get. But I also assume most of them are Pats/Celtics/Red Sox fans... so at the end of the day: fuck em!

You should be sporting some Flyers gear around town, 60.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                It's kind of a shame. Bruins fans are as close to "philly" type fans as you get. But I also assume most of them are Pats/Celtics/Red Sox fans... so at the end of the day: fuck em!

You should be sporting some Flyers gear around town, 60.
                That's no problem where I live sf (Western Mass.). Beantown would be another story. The hockey fans are from another planet. Your life wouldn't be worth 10 cents if you were in Montreal garb! An Eagles jersey would be no problem too.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  That's no problem where I live sf (Western Mass.). Beantown would be another story. The hockey fans are from another planet. Your life wouldn't be worth 10 cents if you were in Montreal garb! An Eagles jersey would be no problem too.
                  True story. 1974...my wife and I are in Sprigfield, Mass and it's the 2nd game of the Cup finals with the Bruins who had won Game 1. Just before game time, I determine the TV in our motel room sucks, so I go to an a joining bar to watch the game. It is absolutely loaded with Bruins fans. If I recall correctly, both teams scored twice in regulation. (The place of course went wild when the Bruins scored agoal and, even though I'm drinking beer, I'm cheering very silently when the Flyers score their goals.) Nobody knows there's a traitor in the crowd.

It goes to overtime and I'm now feeling no pain. It's been an incredibly tense game and all I've heard all night is how great the Bruins are. Clarkie wins it about halfway through the first OT, and I no longer have any control of myself. I shoot up from my chair at the bar with my fist in the air and absolutley scream. YES!! YES!! YES!!.

The place had been pretty much silenced by Clark's goal but now it get spooky quiet! Many eyes are on me and they're not friendly! The bar tender comes over to me and says in sotto voce, "I think you better finish up son. These boys take their Bruins hockey pretty seriously."

I drank my beer as quickly as I could without chugging it and left. Luckily, no one followed me. Four games later. the Flyers won their 1st cup and I had lived to see it!
                  Last edited by tinopuno; 05-17-2010, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Lets Go Flyers !!!

Another big win.

Comment

Leighton looks so technically solid right now and the def. in front of him is playing some great hockey. This is fun stuff. Go Flyers!!!
                      Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

I agree with Zep again.

The Pronger trade was huge. Leighton is playing absolutely brilliant. Ville Leino was another under the radar huge pick up. Everybody is just stepping up. One win in Montreal and the series will be over. The Flyers are in their heads.
                        FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                          I agree with Zep again.

The Pronger trade was huge. Leighton is playing absolutely brilliant. Ville Leino was another under the radar huge pick up. Everybody is just stepping up. One win in Montreal and the series will be over. The Flyers are in their heads.

I tend to agree with the one more win theory but I'm not going to do that to myself. I've been down that road one too many times in the past. Though I can't see Montreal winning 4gms. This certainly has a different feel to it though, I can remember nothing even coming close to what's going on this year in my 32+yrs. following the team. We shall see.

BTW, I've never bothered to read your sig. before. That's poetry to me. I want that as my epitaph. Dallas Sucks!

Comment

The Flyers (mainly Leighton) stole that game yesterday. Montreal definitely had more scoring chances.

A Boston fan told me before the series that the Flyers would have no chance against Halak. I remember telling him that Halak's psyche is fragile and that he is capable of melting down. Halak has been below average in this series, if not terrible.

As Zepster said, Leighton is so technically solid right now. He isn't trying be fancy and force highlight reel saves.

Montreal fans still think Leighton is a bad goalie that is just getting lucky. While I don't expect Leighton to continue at this pace, he does not strike me as the kind of goalie that is going to melt down and let in some rally bad goals. I hope that I am right with that assumption.

Overall, I think we got lucky in game 2. We will need to play much better in game 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                              The Flyers (mainly Leighton) stole that game yesterday. Montreal definitely had more scoring chances.

A Boston fan told me before the series that the Flyers would have no chance against Halak. I remember telling him that Halak's psyche is fragile and that he is capable of melting down. Halak has been below average in this series, if not terrible.

As Zepster said, Leighton is so technically solid right now. He isn't trying be fancy and force highlight reel saves.

Montreal fans still think Leighton is a bad goalie that is just getting lucky. While I don't expect Leighton to continue at this pace, he does not strike me as the kind of goalie that is going to melt down and let in some rally bad goals. I hope that I am right with that assumption.

Overall, I think we got lucky in game 2. We will need to play much better in game 3.

I totally disagree with your statement that Montreal had more scoring chances. I was discussing that very issue during the game last night with my friends and came to this same conclusion. They had more shots not more chances. I don't know where you go to find such info but I'd be willing to make a wager that the Fly guys out chanced the Habs last night. The 1st period Montreal probably took but the 2nd and 3rd belonged to the Flyers. I don't think luck was the deciding factor in that game either. The better team won last night period.

Comment

They had about 3 quality chances the whole game. The d didn't play their top game but the montreal forwards were so poorly positioned (and small) that Leighton saw everything.

That glove save on the highlight reel on Subban(?)'s shot was good but it looked like he tracked it the whole way. Routine save.

Comment

Working...
                                X