(OT) F*@king Snow(Maybe NSFW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    Good question. They are a screw that holds "pins" the auger blade to the drive shaft (looks like an axle). The blades attached to a hollow tube that slides over the shaft. The auger blades spin around and throw the snow up the shoot. BTW, lucky you!!! Doesn't Maryland get snow?
    the shear pins go in the blades,if your blades jam up the pins break before the drive mech gets damaged, this way you break a 2 dollar pin instead of doing hundreds of dollars damage
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      the shear pins go in the blades,if your blades jam up the pins break before the drive mech gets damaged, this way you break a 2 dollar pin instead of doing hundreds of dollars damage
      Thanks fro having my back MM. I forgot the most important part! I just can't figure out why all of a sudden I'm shearing them. I'd never even heard of them until last year, and I've been blowing snow for 30 years.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Now I'm really pissed. Another friekin pin this morning! WTF???? And the thing leaves snow when I back it up where the augers meet. My guy better give me a good trade in on this piece of junk.

Comment

I bought a Yardmachine 11 HP 8 years ago at Home Depot end of season at 50 % off and haven't had a problem with it. $ 549 brand new and I can't complain at all. To be fair, you are using yours quite a bit more than I am and for the most part I am going through 4-8" in totals. Gotta ask, are your blades loose with a lot of play ? Maybe things need to be gone over and replaced . If they have as little as a half inch of freeplay,that's putting a lot of torque on the pins. I'm sure you are beating the shit out of it with the winters you've been getting. Are the pin holes tight or have they gotten egged out ?
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Snow sucks and power is important. I have found that you can do something with a 5 horse or you can go big. Even an 8 horse is better but an 11 is great when you are in the middle of crap and standing out in the cold.
            As for pins I agree that looseness will break them quickly. The other is that sometimes people use bolts or some other thing rather than shear pins and that doesn't work so well.
            60-- if you don't get a good trade wait until next winter when it is snowing like hell and someone will beg to buy it from you
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

I bought a Yardmachine 11 HP 8 years ago at Home Depot end of season at 50 % off and haven't had a problem with it. $ 549 brand new and I can't complain at all. To be fair, you are using yours quite a bit more than I am and for the most part I am going through 4-8" in totals. Gotta ask, are your blades loose with a lot of play ? Maybe things need to be gone over and replaced . If they have as little as a half inch of freeplay,that's putting a lot of torque on the pins. I'm sure you are beating the shit out of it with the winters you've been getting. Are the pin holes tight or have they gotten egged out ?
              My guy gave me pins with bushings. It is kind of hard to get my big hands in and tighten them down. I'll try to crank them in better this afternoon. Worth a try MM. Thanks.

Comment

Good question. They are a screw that holds "pins" the auger blade to the drive shaft (looks like an axle). The blades attached to a hollow tube that slides over the shaft. The auger blades spin around and throw the snow up the shoot. BTW, lucky you!!! Doesn't Maryland get snow?
                Thanks guys, I have an idea what you are talking about now.

Yeah Mike, we get snow here, not as much as you get I'm sure but I have about 18 inches on the ground after that last storm, but that's why God invented checkbooks. LOL.

But I have been thinking about getting one, since I can't shovel any more.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

Yeah Mike, we get snow here, not as much as you get I'm sure but I have about 18 inches on the ground after that last storm, but that's why God invented checkbooks. LOL.

I'm thinking of an upgrade to a tractor mounted snowblower, but that will require a new tractor and the blower unit. I know if I invest the money, we won't get a decent snow for a number of years. A friend just sold me a plow for my 4 wheeler,but I have no idea how good that will work.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

My wife keeps shaking her head at me "hire someone!". I hate being at the mercy of someone else. I always want things done yesterday. And I'm fussy too. Those plows do a lot of damage. I'll tell, I'm rating after this last round. But next year I'll be in Florida for most of the winter anyway!

Comment

There's something "manly" about handling things like this yourself. However, if I was ten years older I might be ready to cry uncle the way this winter has gone.

Comment

There's something "manly" about handling things like this yourself. However, if I was ten years older I might be ready to cry uncle the way this winter has gone.
                        Yeah, I just can't admit to it.

Comment

I'm getting a new insurance policy and had a nurse coming out on Tuesday, she just called to reschedule because they want more snow Monday night into Tuesday. AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm getting a new insurance policy and had a nurse coming out on Tuesday, she just called to reschedule because they want more snow Monday night into Tuesday. AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

we are now over 60" for the season. I might want to invest in that new tractor/blower. Since I know buying it would almost guarantee no snow, I could consider it winter insurance.

Comment

I'm thinking of an upgrade to a tractor mounted snowblower, but that will require a new tractor and the blower unit. I know if I invest the money, we won't get a decent snow for a number of years. A friend just sold me a plow for my 4 wheeler,but I have no idea how good that will work.
                                mm I've got a plow on my Bombardier and it is the bomb. My drive is about 45 yards and by the house is a real wide parking area. I don't get much plow help on the road to my house so I also have to do some road plowing to get in and out. The ATV gets after it pretty good; the snowblower helps put a finishing touch to clean it up nice
                                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                                Hope is not a strategy
                                RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X