No announcement yet.

Is It Just Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Move Popper, you'll be happy you did. If the Birds go down, I'll cover your bet......Yeh Right! LOL.
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
      Good Move Popper, you'll be happy you did. If the Birds go down, I'll cover your bet......Yeh Right! LOL.
      You have to pay but I'll deduct the beer that I owe you from the McCaffrey bet.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I honestly don't know what to expect this weekend, I guess that is why my enthusiasm is tempered. I think everyone is focusing in on Foles but if Torey Smith drops balls, Kelce blocks in the back, Johnson holds, Mills bites on the double move ect. we have no chance. We have to play a clean game, no turnovers, minimal mistakes to win this. We can do it but lets face it how many games this year did we have to overcome turnover, penalty disparity and bad mistakes. Al ot of them and the reason why we overcame them was Wentz. Foles is not the QB to overcome those mistakes. If they clean it up they win this one and everyone is back on the bandwagon. if they lose, there will be disappointment but there also will be built in excuses, No Wentz, No Peters, No Sproles, No Hicks etc.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
          I honestly don't know what to expect this weekend, I guess that is why my enthusiasm is tempered. I think everyone is focusing in on Foles but if Torey Smith drops balls, Kelce blocks in the back, Johnson holds, Mills bites on the double move ect. we have no chance. We have to play a clean game, no turnovers, minimal mistakes to win this. We can do it but lets face it how many games this year did we have to overcome turnover, penalty disparity and bad mistakes. Al ot of them and the reason why we overcame them was Wentz. Foles is not the QB to overcome those mistakes. If they clean it up they win this one and everyone is back on the bandwagon. if they lose, there will be disappointment but there also will be built in excuses, No Wentz, No Peters, No Sproles, No Hicks etc.
          Agreed. They have to play clean. And, Foles is going to have to make some throws. You know Atl is going to stick 8 or 9 guys in the box, and force Foles to make throws. I'm all about playing great defense, and I'm all about running the football. But, simple fact is that Foles is going to have to play well for them to win. He doesn't have to be Joe Montana, but he's going to have to play well.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
            Agreed. They have to play clean. And, Foles is going to have to make some throws. You know Atl is going to stick 8 or 9 guys in the box, and force Foles to make throws. I'm all about playing great defense, and I'm all about running the football. But, simple fact is that Foles is going to have to play well for them to win. He doesn't have to be Joe Montana, but he's going to have to play well.
            I watched the Saints playoff game from 2014 again. Our D and special teams let us down at the end of that game. Foles was solid. Lots of pump fakes and looking off the coverage back then. I think up tempo could be an asset after a first down. Get Foles in a rhythm and let the o-line go to work.

We are so much better on D than we were back then.
            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
              He just has to be normal Nick Foles and we can win.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                He just has to be normal Nick Foles and we can win.
                He can't play like normal, if he does we lose. He's got to get his head out of his ass and make quick reads and hit the off balance throws that you know that he's going to make. As EB said they are coming after us and him and he sure as shit had better be ready and so does Kelce making calls. They are going to treat Foles like a rookie and he has to show them that he can handle it. He's got the ability to do that, he's capable. He's just got to do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  He can't play like normal, if he does we lose. He's got to get his head out of his ass and make quick reads and hit the off balance throws that you know that he's going to make. As EB said they are coming after us and him and he sure as shit had better be ready and so does Kelce making calls. They are going to treat Foles like a rookie and he has to show them that he can handle it. He's got the ability to do that, he's capable. He's just got to do it!
                  I trust Foles more than I do our receivers. Smith, Agholor, and Hollins have all had their share of drops lately. If Smith doesn't drop and easy one vs Dallas, he would have gotten at least inside the 20 yard line, if not score. Then we might not be having this conversation. There were some drops in the Raiders game also.

I trust our o-line to give him time to make the throws. Our receivers can't drop any easy ones.
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

We have to expect that Foles will play like a backup QB does. He will make a few throws he will also miss throws. When he does make the throw shit receivers like Torey Smith MUST make the play. I go back to the Cowboys game

1. If Smith Catches a perfectly thrown ball its first down inside the 25. The offense was driving. Instead, its 4th down and punt. Not Foles fault

2. Next Drive, perfect screen play to Clement for a 1st down, Kelce blocks in the back, penalty drive stalled.

3. Next drive, Celek misses a block, forces Foles out to his right, he correctly see's that Jeffrey is running free down the sideline, just doesn't have the arm strength to get the ball down there on the run, INT.

3 drives, 3 mistakes one was really on Foles the INT although if Celek gets the Block he might have been able to throw that ball to Jeffrey while in the pocket and step into it.

Tomorrow those three drives have to amount to points. We can't have all of them in mistakes. That is my point, is that in order for Foles to play better the offense around him has to play better, much better. If they do they can win with Foles, if not they are not going to be able to overcome those mistakes like they did with Wentz. Foles just isn't that type of QB. This is the reason why Vegas has them as underdogs is they don't believe the combo of mistakes this team makes on offense and the fact that Foles can overcome them.

I think they will play their cleanest game of the year tomorrow. I believe Foles will play well enough to win. I am concerned about the defense getting double moved to death by Sanu and Jones. I think the game will be close and it will come down to a field goal on a sloppy wet field with the winds blowing.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Let's face it, we're all saying the same thing LOL. Not only do the receivers have to make catches they have to make PLAYS too. They have to make a couple of great catches. It's the playoffs and everybody has to step up and I'll add that Atlanta is in the same boat. Damn, let's get to this friekin game already!!!

Comment

Let's face it, we're all saying the same thing LOL. Not only do the receivers have to make catches they have to make PLAYS too. They have to make a couple of great catches. It's the playoffs and everybody has to step up and I'll add that Atlanta is in the same boat. Damn, let's get to this friekin game already!!!
                        Yup.... it's called execution!! At this level-- the team that does it better will "Normally" win.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                          Yup.... it's called execution!! At this level-- the team that does it better will "Normally" win.
                          OK, who are we going to shoot first?

Comment

OK, who are we going to shoot first?
                            C'mon, you gonna make me have to write a list?

Comment

Agreed. We've seen it time, and time again. In these games, there are a handful of plays that decide it. Make those plays, and you advance. Fail to make them, and you go home. You gotta execute.

Comment

C'mon, you gonna make me have to write a list?
                                Just to make things fair, even though he's a great guy I think that we should start with Matty Ice.

Comment

Working...
                                X