No announcement yet.

What To Make Of Yannick Ngakoue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to me, he's just not a guy you give up picks to acquire and give a massive contract .
    Just for comparison , the last 4 years

T AST Sacks Snaps
    Brandon Graham 140 55 27.5 2956
    Michael Bennett 98 42 29 2770
    Clowney 140 49 27.5 3139
    Ngakoue 127 17 37.5 3029
    Barnett 54 13 14 1353

I just don't see $20 millionish for that. He avg 5 assisted T a season, tells me he's not a threat vs the run. Most of us have stated that Clowney has under produced and this guy is Clowney lite. Yes, he has more stats than the guys listed, BUT IMO he is a one trick pony who is not a true fit here.

Here's his highlight video, this IMO does not warrant draft picks and a huge contract. IF he gets lucky and has enough speed to get around the T for a sack, he doesn't have the strength to bring the QB down one on one, he has some strip sack ability, but the majority of his sacks are the 10-15 second variety. IMO Ostman, Miller , Graham, Sweat and Barnett bring more to the table I say HELL NO
    Last edited by musicman; 04-04-2020, 09:16 AM.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Agreed. If you are gonna pay that kind of money get Clowney. For the record, I hate Clowney and have always thought he was a cheap shot artist and an underachiever. That said, his underachieving is still pretty good, and I would rather just money than money and high picks. I’d also like to see what Barnett can do in his contract year.
      Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
      Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Working...
      X