X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProFootballTalk

You guys behave yourselves now........

FOX TAKING PRECAUTIONS FOR PHILLY PREGAME SHOW

Given the degree of venom that the folks in Philly possess regarding the Dallas Cowboys and former Eagles/current Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens, FOX plans to take precautions aimed at preventing any FCC-prohibited images and/or words from being broadcast via the public background to the network's on-site pregame show.

Scott Ackerson, the coordinator producer of the FOX pregame show, tells us that steps will be taken in this regard, but he has declined to divulge any of the specific strategies that are under consideration.

Fan involvement at pregame broadcasts is becoming more common as FOX and ESPN take their shows on the road. With Joe Buck now the host of the FOX effort, the one-hour show is aired from outside the stadium in which the game Buck is calling will be played. For ESPN, the desk with the four talking heads is parked inside the venue.

Both scenarios involve, if not encourage, public participation. And we've recently noticed some signs and some chants that could eventually be problematic, from the FCC's perspective. When the Giants traveled to Seattle, the Seahawks fans were chanting "Giants suck!" and one fan displayed a signing urging the Seahawks to "give [New York tight end Jeremy] Shockey the shocker."

Of course, that paled in comparison to the stuff that was being chanted by Eagles fans on Monday night, whenever Michael Irvin would try to speak.

So we're glad that FOX is planning to try to keep kids like Florio Jr. from being subjected to the kinds of things that the Eagles fans will be saying (although part of me would loooove to hear it all). Thus, we'll be watching with great interest on Sunday as to how it will all play out.
    Im Ready........Im Ready......Im Ready!!!!!!

"give [New York tight end Jeremy] Shockey the shocker."

LMFAO

Comment

LMAO!!

I guess Im out of touch. I had to look that up.

It must be a damn yankee thing!
      Im Ready........Im Ready......Im Ready!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BamaBird
        LMAO!!

I guess Im out of touch. I had to look that up.
        Me too!

Comment

Sorry to hear that Fox is going to be limiting what I can enjoy on Sunday

Comment

I love this stuff...our rep isn't going away. We might as well encourage it.

Comment

Well, if something nasty does slip through, at least we'll have Buck on hand to apologize to America for having to see such a display.

Comment

If they're going to censor something they should have sensored Tony Kornhole's knob slobbing of Fav-ruh on Monday.
                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

How are they going to drown out 60,000 fans chanting "OD"? It is absolutely impossible. What is funny is that they created the TO monster, and now they are afraid of what it is going to do to their "family" program.

ITS A FVCK'N BARBARIC SPORT WITH BARBARIC FANS. They need to accept that and stop trying to pretend that they don't enjoy making millions off of that fact. You promote OD, we get to promote our hatred twoard OD.

And I will have no vocal chords when this game ends. I will be chanting OD for four hours straight. I will be screaming during every Dullass offensive play. I will earn my badge of honor by being every bit of a great Iggle fan.........even if we are misrepresented by the national media. Fuck the national media, fuck Dullass and Fuck OD.
                  Pedro

Comment

Pedro, all I can say is hear, hear!!
                    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Nice, Pedro. Good man!!!

Personally, I really enjoyed the "ass-hole" chants hurled at Michael Irvin last week. I found it charming,
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                        Nice, Pedro. Good man!!!

Personally, I really enjoyed the "ass-hole" chants hurled at Michael Irvin last week. I found it charming,
                        I prefered "Where's Your Crack Pipe?", but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Captain
                          Well, if something nasty does slip through, at least we'll have Buck on hand to apologize to America for having to see such a display.
                          "That is a disgusting act!"

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
                            How are they going to drown out 60,000 fans chanting "OD"? It is absolutely impossible. What is funny is that they created the TO monster, and now they are afraid of what it is going to do to their "family" program.

ITS A FVCK'N BARBARIC SPORT WITH BARBARIC FANS. They need to accept that and stop trying to pretend that they don't enjoy making millions off of that fact. You promote OD, we get to promote our hatred twoard OD.

And I will have no vocal chords when this game ends. I will be chanting OD for four hours straight. I will be screaming during every Dullass offensive play. I will earn my badge of honor by being every bit of a great Iggle fan.........even if we are misrepresented by the national media. Fuck the national media, fuck Dullass and Fuck OD.
                            You can cheer without hurling obscenities or curse words all over the place.

You can be a great Eagles fan without showing up at the pre-game show and being obscene.

Comment

Originally posted by Ty Webb
                              Originally posted by Pedro

You can cheer without hurling obscenities or curse words all over the place.

You can be a great Eagles fan without showing up at the pre-game show and being obscene.

Where did Pedro say he was doing any of the things you're talking about? Unless you're referring to the rest of the chuckle heads that will be showing up. Shouting at the top of his lungs and chanting OD? I had a have a problem if he left that game with any voice at all! Eagles games, PSU games , if I have a voice left I didn't do my job!
                              Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Working...
                              X