Vanishing posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanishing posts

Has anyone had this problem? You type up a post, then at the end of it you click one of the emoticons on the left side, and your whole post erases and all you have is the code for the emoticon. Is this glitch unique to me? I might have to copy my posts before clicking an emoticon from now on.

No it's not just you, it happens to me also.

Comment

It always seems to happen after a particularly lengthy post too! AARRGH!!

Comment

weird. is the text of the post highlighted? cause then the emoticon would replace the highlighted text.

Comment

That would be my guess too, Vin...I have never had that happen and I use emoticons in almost every post I do...
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Are you sure it's erasing the text, I notice sometimes when I click on an emoticon it scrolls the text up off the screen.
            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I've had the same thing happen. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, but I found tht if I clicked my mouse at the end of the last sentence, it doesn't happen to me any more.
              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
                Are you sure it's erasing the text, I notice sometimes when I click on an emoticon it scrolls the text up off the screen.
                The text isn't highlighted when it happens, no. Leif i thought of what you just said and i don't think that's the case either. I try and scroll up and there's nothing. Anyway, i'll try doing the mouse click after my text like Toga said. :P

Comment

Let us know if that works or if I'm just imagining things.
                  www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

testing out to see if the text disappears.. I'm using firefox on the mac...

nope... still there. weird.

what browser are you guys using?

Comment

I use IE here at work. I can't really download and install another on my work computer though.

Comment

I use IE also.

Comment

IE sucks.
                          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Thank you Captain Obvious!

Comment

Working...
                            X