Bill Parcells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Parcells

I think it's interesting that he doesn't refer to T O by name. He always says " the player". " We'll watch the player closely and make a decision on his status" ( something like that). I don't remember, in all the years of watching press conferences w/ Parcells, of him not referring to a player by name, unless he was pissed off at them.
    Back w/ the Patriots, there was a time when he referred to Terry Glenn as "she". I wonder if he purposely does that because he has issue's w/
    T O, or if this is how he speaks about all his players. I get the feeling he's trying to distance himself from the whole thing. Thoughts?

Most of us got that feeling the day Parcells didn't show up at TO's signing press conference.

Comment

In this case, I think it's about control and letting Terrell know who's in charge. Nobody loves the spotlight like Terrell (ahem -- "that player"), but he's not even referring to him as a person, or even as "81," for chrissake.

Or maybe it's a way to keep the press and the fans thinking less about "TO" and more about "football and the Dallas Cowboys." That "TO" guy will already put himself in the spotlight, and it's bad enough already. Parcells doesn't need to feed it.
      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Lots of things I find curious. TO was out catching balls with Bledsoe, and Romo, and no one thought to mention this to the Tuna before his press conference? He didn't know where TO was? He was at your practice facility. A Brief meeting with J Jones about your most expensive player, and you don't know anything?

I'm sure he doesn't like TO personally, but to call him the Player at that particular time, and under those circumstances , made him look like a very small man who didn't give two shits.
        Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

Working...
        X