• Show
Clear All

• My list in order of players that we simply can't lose

1) Wentz-goes without saying
    2) Cox-just too good to lose
    3) Graham-not much behind him for DEs
    4) Kelce-see Graham
    5) Jenkins-Heart and soul of defense
    DJAX (He's such an incredible weapon and game changer but we could manage without him)
    Last edited by Eagle60; 08-12-2019, 06:03 PM.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Mine would be (very close to 60)

Wentz

Kelce
    Jenkins
    DJax (I really think he is going to change this offense)
    Cox (would put him higher, but we have depth with Jackson/Jernigan)
    Lane Johnson

Thorson (he would be addition by subtraction)

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
      Mine would be (very close to 60)

Wentz

Kelce
      Jenkins
      DJax (I really think he is going to change this offense)
      Cox (would put him higher, but we have depth with Jackson/Jernigan)
      Lane Johnson

Thorson (he would be addition by subtraction)
      Without a doubt Jackson will Pliny! It's just a tip of the hat to our depth that I didn't list him. There's virtually no depth at DE or center. The lack of DEs makes Graham and Cox pretty much indispensable.

Comment

Yea the birds have pretty good depth except for a couple of places. Actually I am not as concerned about the DL depth (either DT or DE) as others are. Areas where depth isn't great, ie LB or CB, the starter isn't anything great so the drop-off isn't very far. And, while I think Jackson is going to open up a whole extra facet, I think the offense will function okay even if he isn't there. so,
        Wentz would certainly be the big hit.
        Cox dominates a game so I go with him
        Jenkins is the real leader of the D and in the clubhouse in my mind
        Kelce because of his skill or Lane because I think he may be the best T in the league
        Jackson or Jeffrey is a toss up. Jackson is a unique strength but Jeffrey is a quiet offensive leader in the clubhouse IMM.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

I was really encouraged with the linebacker play last Thursday ND. Gerry wasn't very impressive but the rest were. Considering that our two starters are not playing I'd say that we are in great shape there after all. I thought the 2 safeties were excellent too. Maddox was a stud at cb. We have quite a few cbs to pick from for the other 2 spots who didn't play (Mills, Jones and Darby). Don't forget that Schwartz uses 3 safeties more times than not too. About the only guy who didn't show well back there was Hawkins.

Comment

Scroll down to the video of Fort at linebacker

http://igglesblitz.com/

Comment

I'm not saying the LBs are bad. I just don't think they are top of the line linebackers. They are certainly NFL caliber. I also don't think there is much of a drop off from any of the LBs. Nothing like the drop off from Wentz to Sudfeld or the others. I also don't think our CBs strike fear into anyone but they are not bad. In fact I think they will do fine. But as with LB I don't think there is a significant difference among Darby, Maddox, Jones, Mills, or Douglas. One guy is a little better here and one a little better there but none are head and shoulders above any other.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                I'm not saying the LBs are bad. I just don't think they are top of the line linebackers. They are certainly NFL caliber. I also don't think there is much of a drop off from any of the LBs. Nothing like the drop off from Wentz to Sudfeld or the others. I also don't think our CBs strike fear into anyone but they are not bad. In fact I think they will do fine. But as with LB I don't think there is a significant difference among Darby, Maddox, Jones, Mills, or Douglas. One guy is a little better here and one a little better there but none are head and shoulders above any other.
                I really think the thing that makes or breaks this team is going to be the rotational DEs. This is without question the most talented team the Eagles have ever had. We're not alone unfortunately, but nonetheless we are damned good! I can't wait to see how it plays out!

Comment

Wentz
                  Cox
                  Jenkins
                  Kelce
                  Jeffrey/Ertz - you need both of these guys because they are such safety valves for Wentz.
                  You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
                  X