Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CSI: Philadelphia (Who's Not Doing Well Right Now?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSI: Philadelphia (Who's Not Doing Well Right Now?)

Well the mini camps and OTA's have been primarily non media friendly. Most of what we get fed are Dave Spadaro tidbits of information. I read this article with a smile and was really excited for these players:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/ ... p?id=50024

Yet - it struck me that Spadaro has talked a ton about certain guys - yet been suprisingly quiet about others - which almost ALWAYS means he doesn't like what he sees. Quiet = Bad.

So here's my uneducated guess as to who might be struggling:

#1 - Mike Patterson

* We've heard a ton about this guy and that guy on the lines. Almost like no one can do any wrong but Patterson has had zero news about him this offseason. He was solid last year but if he were to justify his #1 status from last year - he should be stepping into his own this year. Instead it's the 5th rounder - Trent Cole - who's getting the pub.

#2 - Todd Herremans

* Moving to a new position and trying to assert himself, you'd think if he was looking sharp he'd be lauded for making a quick adjustment and "dominating out there". Haven't heard a peep. Keep your eye on LG.

#3 - Shawn Barber

* Barber was a big name Free Agent for KC three years ago for a reason. Now he's a nickel backer? I can see it but wouldn't we be hearing how he's really flying around and trying to push Matt McCoy? Seems like he's either not impressing or McCoy is just the real deal.

#4 - Greg Lewis

* Like it or not - we only have three WR's who can play tomorrow (Touchdown Brown, Gaffney and Lewis) - Pinkston is coming and hopefully so are some younger guys but Lewis is needed. He seems to be a solid #4 but what does that mean? It's bizzare. He's not impressing. Probably just status quo.

#5 - Jamaal Jackson

* Thought he showed himself well from a blocking standpoint last year - but obviously didn't want to come in here and dominate. The fact that Hank Freaking Fraley is neck and neck with you says a ton.

--------------------------------------

Thoughts?
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

I hear you BP, but i try not to trust Spads on player evaluations. I remember countless times reading him talking about how great certain players were picking up the system and all that, then they never amounted to anything.

Comment

Interesting premise, but we'll have to wait for our own camp reports (and please, if you go, try and let us know what's really going on), because Spadaro is a total fluffer. I remember Bobby Williams, and everyone who went to camp came back and said the guy was horrible, terrible, and other non-Spads friendly adjectives that you would never hear on the pravda site, and, of course, Spads said something to the effect that, "he is really working hard out there." LOL.

Comment

I'm not going to try to read too much between the lines....but since things are slow, I'll do it anyway.

I'd say the only one I wish he was saying great stuff about is Patterson. But I'm not really worried about him. He looked like a really solid player last year that got rundown a bit in his rookie season.

I'd say DT, G and C are among the tougher positions to notice who is dominating. It's much easier to notice a DE like Cole.

I thought Barber was still dinged from last year? Maybe that's holding him back.

Greg Lewis is what he is, which isn't particularly good.

Comment

Listen, I rode by nova care yesterday(in fact I did) and I stopped and saw practice-- Patterson looked great!

C'mon, these guys haven't even thought about hitting for real yet... no camp report is worthwhile-- pro or con, IMO.

Other than mine of course!

Comment

WTF kinda tease is that MD???

If you saw practice yesterday, you're gonna have to give a better account than that.

Spill it. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
              I hear you BP, but i try not to trust Spads on player evaluations. I remember countless times reading him talking about how great certain players were picking up the system and all that, then they never amounted to anything.
              I have to agree with Swing...it is an interesting theory, but I think Spads just writes about the tidbits he is given...some guys have shown more for sure, but I do not believe that means others have stunk...

Also, IMO Fraley is far from a stiff...we know his flaws, but again as recently as 2004 he was the captain of a SB caliber OL. I am fine with him as the starter or a backup. I would rather have a disciplined guy who has the full trust of Reid/McNabb and his fellow OL than Jackson who seems to need some more polishing...I could be wrong and things could change. Would I love a disciplined and experienced house like Jackson? Absolutely...unfortunately he went to Cleveland so he could have his Mom's cooking 5X a week...lol...
              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

No tease EB,, I just happened to be up there yesterday and they were out practicing when I rode by--- but that's all I did was cruise by. Couldn't see a damn thing at 25 miles an hour!

Comment

Maybe a good call on Jackson. From recent Spads article:

"Then there are players like Trey Darilek and Scott Young and Jamaal Jackson and Calvin Armstrong, young players who are gaining practice experience and hoping for a shot at real playing time this year. "

Being mentioned with these other PROSPECTS ain't a ringing endorsement.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                  X