Left tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left tackle

What is the level of concern about the artist formerly known as "Tra" and now call me "William" Thomas out for medical reasons? Mornigwheg says Winston Justice has been taking most of the reps but "needs a lot of work". It's supposedly precautionary with Thomas but then again - that blood thinning medication was a big problem last TC.

I think he's ready but Justice is getting time while he can with the #1's. It's just smart.

Thomas will go and when he gets hurt - Justice gets his shot. If he stinks - Herremans moves out to LT and Clarke/MJG take LG.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

BP - that's all well and good but under your scenario - if we change our LT three times, we're screwed.

Comment

I think the point is that if we have to change our LT three times, we're not necessarily screwed. Obviously it's not ideal, but there is some preparation.

Comment

Well, there are options. And that's a good thing. We're gonna have competition and no one's job is safe, which will ultimately benefit us. Last season's complacency is HISTORY!
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

The fact that we have that kind of depth is reassuring. Obviously, we don't want to lose starters off our line.

Comment

I think his health is not going to be nearly the factor that his mental make up will be.

We would have heard about any lingering health problems I think, but IMO, it's almost a matter of which guy shows up,,,,,,,, mentally.(no matter what he is calling himself these days)

Comment

I think BP pretty much nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                  I think his health is not going to be nearly the factor that his mental make up will be.

We would have heard about any lingering health problems I think, but IMO, it's almost a matter of which guy shows up,,,,,,,, mentally.(no matter what he is calling himself these days)
                  What is known about this name change routine with Thomas? Is he experiencing a premature mid-life crisis or did attend some guru's self-actualization seminar. Seriously, I've seen references to his insisting on being called William rather than Tra, but don't know what it's all about!

Would appreciate being enlightened.

Comment

Not sure I know,, nor really care that much,, I didn't even pay that much attention when he annouced the change.

Maybe he became estranged from the other Williams, I dunno.

Comment

They had a blurp on the homepage about Thomas and said that due to the medication it's strictly a precaution at this point.Makes sense to give Justice as many reps with the #1's for now.My biggest concern with Thomas was his back.According to all the reports I've read,the guy's in great shape & no problems with the back.Sure there's some concern at LT right now but I honestly believe that Thomas will have a great year.Having Justice & herremans as plan "B" and "C" doesn't hurt.
                      Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird
                        They had a blurp on the homepage about Thomas and said that due to the medication it's strictly a precaution at this point.Makes sense to give Justice as many reps with the #1's for now.My biggest concern with Thomas was his back.According to all the reports I've read,the guy's in great shape & no problems with the back.Sure there's some concern at LT right now but I honestly believe that Thomas will have a great year.Having Justice & herremans as plan "B" and "C" doesn't hurt.
                        I certainly hope for the best for Thomas. Still I am less concerned about the line this year than in any year I can ever remember. You point out :
                        T Plan B: Justice
                        C: Herremans
                        D: Armstrong
                        E: Andrews

The same could be said for G with Clarke, Young, Darilek and Jackson

Even at C besides Jackson and Fraley I thought Clarke and Young have each had "some" exposure as well.

Comment

Gotta tell you I am still a little unsure about that line.
                          Last year I consistently read where DCs wouldn't be able to sleep because of the recurring nightmare of how to defend all of the Eagle weapons. Well, we know how that turned out. This year I have read many touting this OLine.
                          Now, I am not going to say they will blow chunks but I am concerned. Yes, they have size and yes they have depth. But there are a lot of ifs, there are a lot of possibilities of who plays where--Andy & Co like flexibility. I would like to see them go into camp knowing Thomas is healthy at T with Runyan. Knowing Andrews and Herremans are the starters with no questions asked. And knowing that Jackson (or Fraley if it has to be)is the center with no questions asked. If they can have that and an entire TC to gel I can see them having a great year. Throw a wrench or two in there and I can see them struggling.
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

Nodak, I think what you're trying to get at is that continuity along the line is important, and I would agree. However, you have to go thru some growing pains in an efort to improve things, and that's what will likely happen here. The best individuals will win their spots in camp, and it will take a little bit for that group, whoever it is, to gel as a group. Ultimatley we are better off, with better athletes at these important positions and improved overall depth.
                            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Sounds like Thomas is going to be okay for TC.According to the homepage,He said that after Wednesday's practice that he's off the blood thinner medication(Coumadin).Good news indeed.
                              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Working...
                              X