Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TO and his "People" are pizzing off the police!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TO and his "People" are pizzing off the police!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2606156

Much of the confusion stemmed from a police report that reached media outlets Wednesday morning, before sections about a possible suicide attempt, drug overdose and depression were blacked out. None of that was visible once it was officially released, prompting Owens' publicist -- who was the person that called 911 -- to lash out at authorities.

"I am just upset that I just feel they take advantage of Terrell," she said. "Had this been someone else, this may not have happened."

Authorities did not immediately respond, citing privacy laws, but on Thursday the president of the Dallas Police Association -- which represents Dallas police officers -- demanded an apology from T.O. and his publicist.

"The officers reacted because they were called to this location to do this job. Now they're being put under a microscope by some fancy little football person," Senior Cpl. Glenn White said. "Give me a break. Those officers are 10 times better than this man. ... We police officers don't go out to these calls and make stuff up."

Publicist Kim Etheredge could not immediately be reached for a response. The voice mail on her cell phone was full, and she did not respond to an e-mail from The Associated Press.

According to Owens, the problems began when he mistakenly mixed his prescription pills with some supplements he ordinarily takes.

The combination left him woozy, and Etheredge, who was with him at his Dallas condo, became worried when he couldn't respond to her questions. Having also discovered an empty bottle of pills, she called for help.

Etheredge, said Wednesday that entries in the police report were inaccurate. She said she did not say he was depressed and "did not take anything out of his mouth," as the report said.

"I don't know where that came from," she said Wednesday at a news conference called so Owens could discuss what happened. "They said I said Terrell was depressed? I did not say that. Well, you know what? I am sitting here in front of you letting you know I did not say Terrell was depressed. Terrell did not say he is depressed."

Owens said at the Wednesday news conference he could not remember what he said to officers.

"Him and his publicist need to apologize to the officers that were out there, that did their job," said White, head of the largest police employee group in the Dallas department with more than 3,500 active and retired members.

Kim Satanredge or whatever her name is - is such a piece of human garbage. You could see the shiftiness in her eyes. The lying. The classless "25 Million Reasons" line.

You talk about the term "Parasite" - look her up. Ugh. UGH!!!!!!

Her mind was simply saying "Get me out of this - I get paid so much money to jack and I need TO's money...I must keep getting paid...How do I make this all better and keep my income coming in? I have to lie lie lie lie lie to make up for this..."

Meanwhile she's just disrespecting the Police and really all of us who had to listen to her.

I actually think TO made a mistake and maybe took too many like some people drink too many. But she's just flat out lying.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

i think they realized right away that Ms. Etheredge opened up a big can of worms with her ill-advised comments. That's why TO came back out to the media after she was finished and proceeded to thank the police and the first responders.

that was pretty stupid, but she turned it into a my-word-against-theirs situation with her answers. watch for the dallas cops to leak more stuff about the 911 call and response in the next few days in retaliation.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Watch somebody sue (FIA)for a release of that tape!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm sure Geraldo will have it any day now.
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

It'll be released by tomorrow. (friday)

fancy little football person That about sums it up.

Comment

More from the guy I know who works in the Dallas media...

"here is some behind the scenes reaction that some of the dallas police had late last night after Owens and his publicist did their thing...

"From Lt. Watson...

Cops frustrated at how this is playing out...says the department is
              getting "an ass whipping." If Owens and his publicist believe police
              officers lied in their report, they should ask for an internal
              investigation and "bring it on."

Says he still can't talk specifics because the law forbids it.

***also he says the department will probably launch an investigation
              into how the report leaked out.

Scott also says the 911 tape will prove TO and Kim are lying. It will
              be released with a lot of it redacted tomorrow. DPD is pissed b/c they
              feel like they're being called liars and they can't combat that because
              legally they can't talk about it."

Comment

I'm kinda with BP on this, I think TO got wacked out on the pain meds but didn't try to take his life. The slimey Princess Ethridge sees TO like this and panics, thinks she is gonna save his life or something. After it turns out to be a huge mistake on her part of what was occurring she is obviously denying the whole thing.

TO was incoherent by his own account by the EMS account and by the DPD's account. He said he doesn't remember what he said. So his story actually makes sense some sense.

The thing that suprises me is how someone can have an injury that still requires that much pain medication even when resting but can be catching balls the next day with no medication.

I think he was told: TO you're gonna have to get out there and catch some balls today if anyone's gonna beleive us.

Comment

Why will the 911 tape be altered? If they are going to release it, shouldn't it be complete?
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by eaglefan55
                    I'm kinda with BP on this, I think TO got wacked out on the pain meds but didn't try to take his life. The slimey Princess Ethridge sees TO like this and panics, thinks she is gonna save his life or something. After it turns out to be a huge mistake on her part of what was occurring she is obviously denying the whole thing.

TO was incoherent by his own account by the EMS account and by the DPD's account. He said he doesn't remember what he said. So his story actually makes sense some sense.

The thing that suprises me is how someone can have an injury that still requires that much pain medication even when resting but can be catching balls the next day with no medication.

I think he was told: TO you're gonna have to get out there and catch some balls today if anyone's gonna beleive us.

Probably took a bunch of pain meds so he could get out there an catch those balls.
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

It's going to be on Sports center in afew momnets watching on TVU

Comment

TO really hires some great people, eh?

First, RosenSharkWhur(TM) and now this "publicist"....does he just hire immature morons like himself because he feels most comfortable around those types or what?

We will never know the full truth, but I hope they do release everything including the 911 call and expose TO and the "publicist" completely....that would be the fuckin' best story of the year after, of course, the reports of the Eagles SB win...
                        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                        X