Clear All

• With Buckhalter Finished

Looks like:

1 - Westbrook
    2 - Moats
    3 - Perry
    4 - UP IN THE AIR

-------------------------

I refuse to give that #4 spot to RENO 911 although it looks like it will be a reality. I'd prefer the Birds look to acquire a Chris Brown or Tyrone Wheatley type back to fill the Dorsey Levens role.

I mean people forget how clutch that position is. Who scored our first TD in the NFC Championship game vs. Atlanta on the goal line? Not a scatback. Are we really saying Bruce Perry can do this?

Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Did I miss something? I haven't seen any "Bucky is done" articles. What happened?
    www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

BP is showing his typical optimism.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Besides, if Tapeh comes back strong, why can't he handle the FB AND big back role?
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Spadaro said that Buckhalter was a "Long" shot to make the team prior to camp.

Last night he was placed on the PUP list. If he wasn't ready to roll for the start of camp - he's done. Gone.
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Re: With Buckhalter Finished

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
            Looks like:

1 - Westbrook
            2 - Moats
            3 - Perry
            4 - UP IN THE AIR

-------------------------

I refuse to give that #4 spot to RENO 911 although it looks like it will be a reality. I'd prefer the Birds look to acquire a Chris Brown or Tyrone Wheatley type back to fill the Dorsey Levens role.

I mean people forget how clutch that position is. Who scored our first TD in the NFC Championship game vs. Atlanta on the goal line? Not a scatback. Are we really saying Bruce Perry can do this?

You mean the TD where Freddie & Runyan pushed Levens over the line?

This whole scatback vs. big back thing is so frustrating IMO...which is Larry Johnson? Tiki? Priest? LT? Portis?

It is nonsense...Westy can score from anywhere as can Moats...Perry is a bit slower, but can run between the tackles or outside...as can Bucky if he can be healthy...the point for the Eagles is to acquire good, versatile RB that a defense cannot pinpoint what their role will be play after play....we do not need a RB just to do one thing which occurs rarely anyway IMO...it would be a stupid waste of resources...

Plus this is IMO one of the main reasons we have Tapeh at FB too...on some plays I expect him to run the ball and he is good enough where he can make a defense pay if they get fooled by the call...

I expect, from the reports so far, that Bucky is likely not going to make it so if someone comes free I would expect the Eagles to look at how they fit and pick them up if Reid believes they add another layer of performance and versatility to the RB position...

I have not given up on Bucky nor have the Eagles IMO...I hope he makes it.
            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

"Last night he was placed on the PUP list. If he wasn't ready to roll for the start of camp - he's done. Gone."

While this may be true-- it isn't a lock. They use the pup list in preseason to be able to bring more bodies in, I think.

Unless someone objects I'll think I'll wait awhile and see how things go before I start saying he is done, gone.

I also agree with Freshie,,, "IF" healthy Tapeh can certainly fill the role, if there is even one, for the 3rd and 1 guy. And in fact Perry has bulked up a bit from reports.

Why is it when spads sez one thing he isn't to be believed and yet if he sez some other things it's gospel? I never understood this conundrum.

Comment

Reno Mahe has above average talent for a 4th RB.
                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
                  Reno Mahe has above average talent for a 4th RB.
                  Thank you. The hatred people have for this guy is somewhat sad IMO. Do I want him on the field? No. But as the FOURTH option, jeesh, what more does everyone want? The guy has also proved more than adequate at returning punts, so he's a viable back-up there as well. Some fans need to stop acting like all 52 players on the roster need to be potential pro-bowlers. That's just not realistic in today's NFL.

(Not only that, my wife thinks he's the cutest guy on the team, although she may have found a new love in Jeremy Bloom!)

Comment

Chris,

You know why this is....people need scapegoats and sports fans are no different IMO...
                    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                    X