No announcement yet.

DeSean Jackson Holdout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teams may in fact take him away in games, however they are most likely giving something up in the process. Having Desean on the foeld creates opportunities for other players on our offense, and tht has to be taken into account when figuring his worth.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

DJ is a good WR but not elite. He is a play maker but he gets taken out of games too easily because he's so small. I agree with Leif.

But mark my words, the guy is not going to hold up. I think he has maybe two years left before his body starts breaking down.
      Originally posted by FRESH View Post
      Teams may in fact take him away in games, however they are most likely giving something up in the process. Having Desean on the foeld creates opportunities for other players on our offense, and tht has to be taken into account when figuring his worth.
      Actually all you need is a physical CB who can jam him at the line. It doesn't take much. He excels against bad teams. But the better teams can handle him. All 4 of his 100 yard games last season were against teams with bad secondaries.

The one area where he is killer is on ST. If you give him room he will kill you.

I want DJ back but I think he's a lot closer to the #10 WR than the #1. He wants #1 money.
      FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
        I want DJ back but I think he's a lot closer to the #10 WR than the #1. He wants #1 money.
        That's basically where I am. That is still probably near $8 million a year. My fear is that desire to get paid better than Fitzgerald... that could get ugly. Particularly if Rosenhaus panders to that.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
          Totally agree. And in games when he's not doing this ... he's shredding teams for TDs of 50+ yards. DJax is an elite football player ... whether a true #1 kind of mold receiver or not.

Comment

Whether he's elite or not is hardly an issue for me. Actually, I think Maclin is a better all-around receiver.

But Jackson is irreplaceable. He and Vick are like superhero action figures.
            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Holding out would be a stupid move by Jackson. If he's trying to use the short season as added leverage to pressure the Eagles it'll back fire on him. Let's hope the roach learned that with TO! If DJax is worried about injuries before the extension is signed I think he has to talk to Andy and ask for an insurance policy that pays him $500g per game missed for injury ($8 million if he misses the whole season). Once a new deal becomes valid the insurance expires. You can get insurance for anything and a lot of players (smart ones any way) carry their own policies for career ending injuries. Why not put something in place while the two sides finish the deal?
              Last edited by Jukin; 07-26-2011, 05:13 PM.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
                DeSean Jackson is not that elite? Wow. I am rarely this guy - but man you are drinking the Kool Aid spin machine. Dude takes a defense and makes them double and change their scheme to stop him.
                I did not say thats what I believed....only that it was the consensus around the league and inside the Eagles camp from what I've read/heard...

There are concerns with his size, health (concussions) and development as a complete WR. I think he is Top 12, probably #10.

Fitz
                AJohnson
                CJohnson
                White
                Wayne
                Austin
                Jennings
                Boldin
                Colston
                Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                  Holding out would be a stupid move by Jackson. If he's trying to use the short season as added leverage to pressure the Eagles it'll back fire on him. Let's hope the roach learned that with TO! If DJax is worried about injuries before the extension is signed I think he has to talk to Andy and ask for an insurance policy that pays him $500g per game missed for injury ($8 million if he misses the whole season). Once a new deal becomes valid the insurance expires. You can get insurance for anything and a lot of players (smart ones any way) carry their own policies for career ending injuries. Why not put something in place while the two sides finish the deal?
                  I agree....and why is the blame always on the Eagles? If DJax holds out, he should get blamed too...its a two way street and both sides have to be mature about the process
                  Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post
                    I did not say thats what I believed....only that it was the consensus around the league and inside the Eagles camp from what I've read/heard...

There are concerns with his size, health (concussions) and development as a complete WR. I think he is Top 12, probably #10.

Fitz
                    AJohnson
                    CJohnson
                    White
                    Wayne
                    Austin
                    Jennings
                    Boldin
                    Colston
                    Tell me what top 10 WR can also break open games returning punts? I'm not suggesting they pay him like Fitz/AJ/CJ ... but as far as impact on the game, he is just shy of that level.

As LT said ... he's irreplaceable.

Comment

I feel bad for the fans with Desean Jackson jerseys.

Comment

It will all get worked out. I'm sure DJ realizes he' s still on the back burner right now and with good reason and I doubt the Roach (I like that one) even wants to deal with it now.

As long as they get something worked out before the end of preseason I'm fine with it, even if he holds out til then, it's just how things go in the league.

Comment

Per VFK:

agree....and why is the blame always on the Eagles? If DJax holds out, he should get blamed too...its a two way street and both sides have to be mature about the process

I agree too and I think Jukin made a great point too. I think Jackson holds out, or at least forces the issue in some manner. Other than being a distraction, I'm fine with it. I don't think that missing some TC is going to hurt him or the team.
                          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            ....and I think Jukin made a great point too.

What? I did? That must have been a mistake!!!
                            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I think we are splitting hairs here. He's not an elite WR, just a top 10 guy? In a league with 64 starting WRs, that puts him in elite status. The guy may not be the best all around WR in the game, but he is a rare, special talent that any team would love to have as a weapon. To me, you take the top 5 receivers in the game, average their salaries and offer it to DJ.

Oh, and Vin, what about us guys with #10 jerseys?
                              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

My only concern with DJax is his size and the track record of players that are small with elite speed suddenly dropping off as they get older. It's more the punt returning types but I think Jackson fits that mold as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X