The press is not helping the problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The press is not helping the problem

Watching Doug's presser today all the reporters could talk about was resting players and they wouldn't let it go. I wish Doug had just got pissed off and said "dammit we haven't won anything yet. We've got 2 games to play!". He answered the questions fine, but most of the time he's just too easy with these guys.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

If Atlanta wins tonight, GB is out. If GB is out, Rodgers more than likely goes back to the bench, which means GB has no shot of beating the Vikes this sunday. That means our starters have to play monday at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
      If Atlanta wins tonight, GB is out. If GB is out, Rodgers more than likely goes back to the bench, which means GB has no shot of beating the Vikes this sunday. That means our starters have to play monday at least.
      It makes the game important which is good going into the playoffs with a bye. I think teams that clinch the bye early lose the necessity to play hard which is why a lot of those teams fail and teams that get hot late make and win the Super Bowl.

Plus, the defense needs to redeem themselves and start strong in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
        It makes the game important which is good going into the playoffs with a bye. I think teams that clinch the bye early lose the necessity to play hard which is why a lot of those teams fail and teams that get hot late make and win the Super Bowl.

Plus, the defense needs to redeem themselves and start strong in this one.
        Agree!

Comment

Maybe it’s the eagle fan in me but the team I want no part of in the playoffs is the Falcons. They are way better than their record. Honestly, I’m not worried about anybody else in the NFC. But Mart Ryan, Julio Jones, Devonte Freeman, and that pass rush. Worries me.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Hey, it's playoffs, and there are going to be a lot of good teams in the tournament. MIN, LA, ATL, CAR, NO, all of them are very good teams. SEA already beat the Eagles. And, there's still a chance the Turds could squeak in, and that's always a dogfight.

Comment

Sitting at those pressers has to be a pain most of the time for the coaches. Sometimes you can play with them ala Bellichick or Andy but mostly you have to put up with it. If you piss them off they are on your ass or on your players asses and that doesn't help your program. Not saying you should cowtow but you have to just get through it
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                Hey, it's playoffs, and there are going to be a lot of good teams in the tournament. MIN, LA, ATL, CAR, NO, all of them are very good teams. SEA already beat the Eagles. And, there's still a chance the Turds could squeak in, and that's always a dogfight.
                Talent wise I see your point but they just aren't the same team that they were last year. They put up all of 9 points at home against Minnesota in a big game a few weeks ago. I think that Minny and LA are the teams to beat. Ryan is a good QB but I'd leave it at that. That friekin Freeman runs like a tornado though and Coleman is one hell of a back too. Julio hasn't been himself either this season. I think other teams are more of a threat. We've got to get our house in order first though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  Talent wise I see your point but they just aren't the same team that they were last year. They put up all of 9 points at home against Minnesota in a big game a few weeks ago. I think that Minny and LA are the teams to beat. Ryan is a good QB but I'd leave it at that. That friekin Freeman runs like a tornado though and Coleman is one hell of a back too. Julio hasn't been himself either this season. I think other teams are more of a threat. We've got to get our house in order first though.

This--- we need to worry about us before who we "might" play... the D that showed up Sunday will get us 1 and done in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                  X