Mr. "Nose Candy" says Dmac is the 5th best QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. "Nose Candy" says Dmac is the 5th best QB

On this afternoon's Dan Patrick show, in response to Patrick's request that Irvin rank the top 5 QB's, he named Brady, Manning, Palmer, Hasselbeck, and "when he's healthy", Donovan McNabb.

After the way Irvin was dissing DMac, when the Human Melanoma was still here, I was quite surprised to hear him say that. His comment caused me to stop wishing that Irvin would be eaten by a pack of rabid dachshunds....

for about 10 seconds.

honestly - he's probably right (though I am not sold on Hasselback). DM is probably top 4 or 5. Can't argue with Manning or Brady. Palmer is a stud too.
    The Shack - Santa Monica, CA - LA's Home for Philadelphia Eagles Football

Comment

Hasselbeck is not as good as Donovan. No way. No how.

I'm not going to bother arguing against the others.

Comment

32 General Managers would choose Donovan McNabb over Matt Hasselbeck everyday of the week and twice on Tuesday.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Palmer needs another great year to prove himself a top 5 QB. Certainly is a Top 10 guy right now. Hasselback...no way.

Comment

The interesting part of this is, wasn't it Irvin last year that said the Eagles should trade for Brett Favre?
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Yes it was Taz, but that was just a quick one line statement as Irvin came up for air while pleasuring TO.

As far as where McNabb ranks, it's really hard to say. Being completely objective I think he's around 4th right now based on his performances to date, but I do think you have to look at who he throws too and who the other top QBs throw too. Manning has Harrison and Palmer has Johnson. I would argue that when you take into account who the receivers are the rankings should be Brady, McNabb, Manning and Palmer. We saw what Donovan could do when he had a top 3 WR to throw too. The Eagles were a machine that year. Put a top WR on the Eagles and see whee he ranks in 2-3 years.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I would first like to prefice my comment by making it known that I consider irvin a class A (and self serving) idiot.

That said, in his assessment of the QBs there is not much I can dispute, except for the point that I believe that DMac is clearly a better QB than Hasselback. Other than that there is a credible argument for Manning, Brady, Palmer ranking ahead of him.

I will comment on this last point, I do think that Carson Palmer needs to show more longevity and sustained success, and I am little surprised by all of the love he is getting for his one season flash. It wasn't too long ago that he was struggling to beat out John Kitna.

Comment

Originally posted by taz
                  The interesting part of this is, wasn't it Irvin last year that said the Eagles should trade for Brett Favre?
                  That was really the point of my post...more than to raise the issue of where DMac should "objectively" be rated.

I'm wondering what, if anything other than a change in his supplier of "blow", would account for this rather pronoucned reversal on Itvin's part. His head is still deep in Cancer Boy's ass but, maybe now that #5 has slimmed done so much, he's thinking maybe he'd like to receive a long one from Donnie. NTTAWWT.

It really doesn't matter and probably should just be filed under: "REMARKS, IMPULSIVE, UTTERED BY IDIOTs", along with everything else Irvin says.

Comment

I always took Irvin's comments to mean that the Eagles would have been better off with Favre than an injured McNabb and not a suggestion that Favre was better with all things equal.

I also think that this has been a long point of confusion when fans called for Feeley over McNabb three years ago. No sane fan thought the Eagles were better off with Feeley really. Rather, people wanted McNabb to sit to get 100% healthy and let AJ hold down the fort. That's why I wanted McNabb to sit.

But of course the media made it look like Eagles fans hated Donovan and thought AJ was a better QB. There is always the vocal majority that does in fact feel that way. But they're morons.

Comment

I'd rank em:

1 and 1a) Manning and Brady
                      3) Palmer
                      4) McNabb
                      5) Hasselbeck

Comment

My bad, I meant at 0) Brett Favre.

I mean... i figured it was such a forgone conclusion that he's the best out there that sometimes I forget to even rank him.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                          My bad, I meant at 0) Brett Favre.

I mean... i figured it was such a forgone conclusion that he's the best out there that sometimes I forget to even rank him.
                          And still just having a whole lot of fun!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X