No announcement yet.

So now it's time to reload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love both picks with Sanders teaming up with Howard, makes for a nice thunder & lightning combo. Drafting Arcade Whiteside spells ADIOS for Agholor. Could go for a 3rd or 4th pick this year.
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

The game of chicken is still on for the Dolphins and Cardinals!
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
        Love both picks with Sanders teaming up with Howard, makes for a nice thunder & lightning combo. Drafting Arcade Whiteside spells ADIOS for Agholor. Could go for a 3rd or 4th pick this year.
        That's only if somebody wants to pick up a $9.4million contract.

Comment

Something like next year’s 4th plus Aggie for this year’s third? But what do you take with the 3rd? All the safeties gone. Maybe Wilson the LB?
          Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
          Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
            Something like next year’s 4th plus Aggie for this year’s third? But what do you take with the 3rd? All the safeties gone. Maybe Wilson the LB?
            It's not going to happen today flyered. Player trades rarely happen in drafts. There's no way somebody is going to trade for that salary when they are paying the league minimum for these guys now. If he gets traded at all it will be this summer but nobody has that kind of cap room then either. He's an Eagle this year which is not a bad thing!

Comment

I don’t know why you guys want to trade him. He has turned into a solid receiver who should continue to get better. They may have over paid now but if he keeps improving he could be a steal in a couple of years. Personally, I don’t want to see him traded away right now.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                I don’t know why you guys want to trade him. He has turned into a solid receiver who should continue to get better. They may have over paid now but if he keeps improving he could be a steal in a couple of years. Personally, I don’t want to see him traded away right now.
                Totally agree Juk! The only benefit of trading him is to possibly clear room for Wentz' contract. I'm not just handing Aggie's job over to a kid who's never gotten spanked by a Pro player. His head will still be spinning until about Columbus Day. It took Aggie 3 years to learn his craft and he's no dummy.

Comment

Sanders is not flashy , but end of the day you’ll look at the stats and he’ll have had a nice day. I like the pick.
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Now we need to add a quality S and LB and this draft will have all the ingredients to become one of the best drafts we have had in many years. It looks like they really are taking BPA at positions where we will have a need in the near future even if its not a position of immediate need. That really is how BPA should work. Great job so far. Although I’m a little nervous about our D - especially the uncertainty in our depth in the secondary (I’m looking at you Sidney!) - I really love what the Eagles have done so far this draft. Howie is showing once more why he is one of the best GMs in the league! SIDE NOTE: Every time I praise Roseman as our GM I wonder if this is just a dream. I still can’t believe how much he learned and improved in his banishment year. Its like he went from high school goofball to Harvard valedictorian and somehow graduated in one year! I’m still amazed at what he has done.
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

In looking at what is still available, OG, LB, S look most likely

UDFAs will be interesting this year. Lots of players not even rated in most top 200 boards have been picked.

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
                        Agholor is not going anywhere unless somebody overpays.

JAWs (Arecgia - Whiteside) is more of a Alshon Jeffrey type than an Agholor. Jeffrey starts to get real expensive this year. He is also one of the only ones they have not redone his contract.

I can see in two years both Agholor and Jeffrey are gone.

As a Penn State fan I really love the Sanders pick, as an Eagles fan I love the Sanders pick. He has really good vision, good speed, can slash when need to. I personally think he was a top 3 running back in this draft and it could be debatable that his the best RB in the draft. I am not as big a fan of Jacobs as some. Either way the Eagles finally got a good RB. He and Howard are going to really upgrade the running game which is going to help Wentz. Honestly this offense is pretty stacked right now
                        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

If we take Mack Wilson does that mean we have to cut Mack Hollins? Shouldn’t there me a rule about having 2 Macks
                          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I don’t want to take anything from Howie, but he is working with one of the best talent evaluators in the game . The fact they work so well together is awesome. I just hope they both are content to stay together for a long time
                            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                              I don’t want to take anything from Howie, but he is working with one of the best talent evaluators in the game . The fact they work so well together is awesome. I just hope they both are content to stay together for a long time
                              Word is Douglas is going to Jets as there new GM after the draft. Guys like Douglas only stay for so long as they get job with other teams in higher positions.
                              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I read that yesterday too but it doesn't make any sense (on paper anyway). The Jets had their GM hire the coach, sign free agents and direct the draft. I think that he stays the season and they see how he does. Let's face it though, Douglas is gone at the end of the season one way or another. Gowton also mentioned that they have a guy in place (forgot his name) that they hired two years ago to groom for when Douglas moves on. He was the director of scouting for the Browns who who put that 1-31 bunch together. Isn't that comforting?

Comment

Working...
                                X