Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
          Is that JFK stadium in the foreground?
          Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
            That's sweet. Any idea what year it was taken
            I did a quick reverse image search on tin eye and found a copy of what looks to be the same shot it with more of the city visible.

Looking at the skyline the modern era skyscrapers are missing. One Liberty opened around 1984 and the Vet was 1971 so I will guess the photo is from the mid 70’s.
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Thanks, I was kind of thinking it was early days of the vet. I still think the city should name the whole complex Veteran's Memorial Sports Complex.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

What building is East of JFK? That must be where the Linc is today.
                It looks like a convention center.
                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                  What building is East of JFK? That must be where the Linc is today.
                  It looks like a convention center.
                  Think that is a Warehouse that was gone when the Linc went up!

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                    I did a quick reverse image search on tin eye and found a copy of what looks to be the same shot it with more of the city visible.

Looking at the skyline the modern era skyscrapers are missing. One Liberty opened around 1984 and the Vet was 1971 so I will guess the photo is from the mid 70’s.
                    back in 80-81 I spent a day in those bleachers endzone bleachers watching Army/Navy, most fun I ever had at a sporting event.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I’m not local so what’s the stadium on the other side of the spectrum? Who played there??
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                        Thanks, I was kind of thinking it was early days of the vet. I still think the city should name the whole complex Veteran's Memorial Sports Complex.
                        They would if they owned it. Luri sold the rights to Lincoln Finacial for about $3.5 million a year. I think that the Giants got about 10 times that amount after they finished theirs.
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                          I’m not local so what’s the stadium on the other side of the spectrum? Who played there??
                          Are you talking the horseshoe stadium? That's JFK stadium. The Eagles played their first games there. It was home to the Army/Navy game for a really long time. The US leg of the Live Aid concert happened there. I saw an Amnesty International show there around 1988. It was in such disrepair that it was condemned for a # of years and lay vacant before being dozed for the Wells Fargo Center.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                            Are you talking the horseshoe stadium? That's JFK stadium. The Eagles played their first games there. It was home to the Army/Navy game for a really long time. The US leg of the Live Aid concert happened there. I saw an Amnesty International show there around 1988. It was in such disrepair that it was condemned for a # of years and lay vacant before being dozed for the Wells Fargo Center.
                            I was there for a game in the early 80's and remember the bounce and sway in the bleacher seats
                            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                              They would if they owned it. Luri sold the rights to Lincoln Finacial for about $3.5 million a year. I think that the Giants got about 10 times that amount after they finished theirs.
                              I'm not talking about the stadium. They all sell those rights now. I am talking about the complex being Veteran's Memorial Sports Complex. Linc, Wells Fargo Center, CBP. Philly has everything in one locale whereas most cities have venues in different parts of the city. They could play it up I think
                              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X