• Show
Clear All

• Damn Saints let it go......

Only in America

Roger Goodell could be deposed over controversial no-call
    Jul
    7/19/2019 7:33:20 AM
    |More
    Tony LeMon, a Saints superfan and attorney who filed one of a number of lawsuits against the NFL following the controversial no-call near the end of the NFC championship game in January, got the call he was hoping for Thursday from a New Orleans judge who granted his motion to compel discovery in the suit, Sara Pagones of the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports.

Orleans Civil District Court Judge Nicole Sheppard also overruled the defendants, who were seeking to have the case thrown out.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is named as a defendant and provided the ruling is not overturned on appeal, that could mean he'll be deposed.

A spokesman for the NFL, Brian McCarthy, could not be immediately reached for comment.

LeMon said he fully expects the NFL to appeal the decision to the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, but he is optimistic that the ruling will stand.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Yup--- it's over. Get past it.

Comment

How has the court allowed a fan to do this? I can see how the Saints as an organization could have some sort of standing with the court but a fan? WTF?

Comment

The Saints ownership, fans and many of the players rank way up there among
        the All-time Lamest Whining Fuck Sticks in the annals of sport's history.

Why don't they instead focus on the positive accomplishments of their players and fans.
        For example, Drew Brees finally got that shit stain eradicated from his right cheek and this classy young female fan.....

set a new record in Louisiana for giving 732 blow jobs in 6 hours without losing a drop. Her mother coached her.

Comment

Yep, let it go. I understand how a fan thinks he somehow lost something by his team not winning or his wager going bad because of the call. What I don't understand is how someone thinks they were wronged. It is a game of bounces. It is a game of calls. There are no guarantees.
          I think this is somewhat a result of thinking they can have 'perfect' games by using instant replay or they should be striving for 'perfect' games. No such thing. Just rate the refs and fire the bad ones. Instant replay should be at full speed and you get to see each view once or twice. If it is an obvious mistake you should be able to see that. Always been my view and always will be my view
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
            Yep, let it go. I understand how a fan thinks he somehow lost something by his team not winning or his wager going bad because of the call. What I don't understand is how someone thinks they were wronged. It is a game of bounces. It is a game of calls. There are no guarantees.
            I think this is somewhat a result of thinking they can have 'perfect' games by using instant replay or they should be striving for 'perfect' games. No such thing. Just rate the refs and fire the bad ones. Instant replay should be at full speed and you get to see each view once or twice. If it is an obvious mistake you should be able to see that. Always been my view and always will be my view
            Why doesn't he sue Brees? He's the one who changed the play to stop the clock with his wormburner?

Comment

I think the Saints have moved to my #1 most hated team

Goodell, game officials to face questions on 'no-call' in NFC Championship game
              Jul
              7/29/2019 8:21:34 PM
              |More
              A Louisiana judge has ordered that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and three officials from January's NFC title game be questioned under oath in September about an infamous "no-call" during January's NFC title game, the Associated Press reports.

Attorney Antonio LeMon, who filed a lawsuit over the game, says he and league attorneys will pick a mutually agreeable date for depositions in New Orleans — barring any league appeals that might delay or cancel the questioning.

Lemon's lawsuit seeks $75,000 in damages — to be donated to charity — over the failure to flag a blatant pass interference and roughness penalty against the Los Angeles Rams. The no-call came at a crucial point in the game against the New Orleans Saints. The Rams won and advanced to the Super Bowl.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org

Comment

My guess is the league would gladly pay the piddlin 75K to let the whole thing drop. The problem is that it would set a terrible precedent. Personally, I'd say Goodell should walk in and say it is a judgement call. Don't like it - too bad cause it is a judgement call. We also think it wasn't a good call and have severely reprimanded those involved with a strongly worded letter that says do better next time. Then walk out.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                  My guess is the league would gladly pay the piddlin 75K to let the whole thing drop. The problem is that it would set a terrible precedent. Personally, I'd say Goodell should walk in and say it is a judgement call. Don't like it - too bad cause it is a judgement call. We also think it wasn't a good call and have severely reprimanded those involved with a strongly worded letter that says do better next time. Then walk out.
                  Yup!

Comment

This lawsuit will eventually go away. But, the beauty of this is that they are never, ever, ever, ever, going to get over it. In their minds, it's never going to go away. They're going to carry it to their graves.

It's Gold Jerry! Gold!!

Comment

Working...
                    X