Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

Highlights!

Love it. For the first time since BT we are going to have a corner that can cover big WRs. I see a new jersey in my future.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
      Love it. For the first time since BT we are going to have a corner that can cover big WRs. I see a new jersey in my future.
      I was going to post the same thing. DRC reminds me of a more athletic Bobby T.
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

DRC released this statement yesterday...

"Thank you to the Arizona Cardinals and Coach Whisenhunt for allowing me the opportunity to play for such a great organization. I will always be appreciative of the time I spent in Arizona; it's where I began my Professional career. The three years there taught me invaluable lessons about the game of football, all of which prepared me for this pivotal point in my career. As I grow my game and move into my fourth year in the league, I am looking forward to joining the Philadelphia Eagles defense and playing along side and learning from one of the best corners in the game, Asante Samuel. Coach Reid, the Eagles organization and the community of Philadelphia are welcoming me with open arms, creating an avenue for me to play my best game yet! I'm ready to get to work and a become a great asset for Philly; bringing home a NFC Championship and Superbowl title is my number one priority!"

Comment

DCR has more talent in his little finger than Taylor ever had in his whole body Fresh!
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...slot#storyjump

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Has No Problem Playing In The Slot

The Eagles already had Asante Samuel. Then they traded for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Then they signed Nnamdi Asomugha. Where will all these guys play? They can't possibly keep and play all three right? According to Howie Roseman, that's not the case.

"We do consider the third corner a starter. This is a passing league. We think it's important to be able to defend the pass and pressure the quarterback. When you have cover players and pass rushers, and we added a couple of those today and yesterday, I think that helps you do that."

But would DRC be willing to be a third corner? He says he would, "That'd be alright with me, as long as I can get on the field and compete."

In fact, he says he got excited when he heard the Eagles signed Asomugha. "I got that much more happy. Bringing in a guy like that, now I can learn from both him and [CB] Asante [Samuel]. I mean you can't ask for anything better as far as learning."

He also made it clear that he doesn't care which side of the field he plays or what happens. He just wants to play and compete and he's excited to do it with two pro bowlers like Asante and Nnamdi.

"I just worry about playing. I know what I have in both of those guys and what they bring to the table. At the same time I know what I can do. I'm just going to go out there and compete."

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              DCR has more talent in his little finger than Taylor ever had in his whole body Fresh!
              No doubt, DRC is a freak of nature.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...ot-drc-anymore

New Rule: DRC Is Not DRC Anymore?
                Borrowing from the great Bill Maher bit of the same same, Juan Castillo revealed something this afternoon that we may have to make a new rule. When the Eagles traded for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie from the Cardinals, everyone started calling him DRC. Why? Because it sucks typing Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie every time you have something to say about him.

Problem is, Juan Castillo said today that he doesn't like being called DRC.
                "His name is Dominique, and he told me he doesn't really like DRC, so I'm not going to call him that, I call him Dominique. He's a very good athlete, a great kid, hard worker. He's a great kid."
                By the way, that was his full response to a question about whether DRC's speed would make him a good blitzer.... But anyway, if the guy doesn't like DRC, should we be using it? If not, what do we call him? Because I'm sure we all aren't going to type out Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie whenever we have something to say about the guy.

So what say you? A new nickname? Just stick with DRC and to hell with what he likes? Call him Dominique? Type out Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie every time?

Comment

I wonder if he knows DRC is also the nickname of arguably the finest wine in the world (Domaine Romanee Conti)?

Comment

Since it's unlikely that he's reading this forum I'm going to stick with what's easiest for me... DRC it is!!
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

His momma named him DRC, I'm gonna call him DRC!

Comment

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...e-opening.html

Nnamdi on DRC's speed: "Eye-opening"

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- Yesterday Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was playing more nickel. Today Joselio Hanson was back almost exclusively in the slot. Yesterday Nnamdi Asomugha played mostly on the outside at right cornerback. Today he lined up a little more in the slot where he could blitz.

With each day at Eagles training camp, defensive coordinator Juan Castillo unveils a new look for his superstar secondary that also includes Asante Samuel. Some of it has to do with the plays that are being installed for that particular day. But it's becoming clear that Castillo's intention is to have so many different looks that opposing offenses won't know who will be playing and who will be where when the games count.
                        "Every day it's something new and some of us are in different positions," Asomugha said. "It's just getting a feel for who does what best and what plays we can put this person inside and what plays we can put the other guy outside."

Asmougha, who mostly played man-to-man defense in Oakland, admitted that all the learning has not been easy, and that he never knows where he may be playing on any given day. Not that he's complaining.

"No, I like it this way because it doesn't give any offense a beat on what we're doing," said Asomugha. "If you're in the same spot every time then they'll know how to attack you, but if you change it up then they won't know what to do."

Rodgers-Cromartie played left cornerback with the second team, one time blitzing all the way from the outside. Quarterback Vince Young had little time to react and could not escape the blazing-fast DRC.

"On defense I don't think I've played with a faster guy than Cromartie," Asomugha said. "Some of the stuff that he's able to do athletically is pretty eye-opening."

The defense is normally ahead of the offense during the early weeks of training camp, but Castillo's unit dominated on a soggy morning at Lehigh University. The defense had the upper hand during a team blitz period and in the red zone.

Comment

Working...
                        X