Training Camp Observations from Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Camp Observations from Tuesday

Nice weather and a good seat at the top of the bleachers.

I was impressed with how much Andy Reid noticed out there. He was very vocal. He got on Shoebel and Lewis for not running the right routes (the ball was clearly overthrown because of their route). He even yelled at the marker kids for not paying attention.

McDougal- He was impressive. He made two sacks in a row. I couldn't see who it was against, but it was the second team....so it must've been Armstrong (even though Castillo was talking to a dejected Justice).

Jasper- On a couple plays, he showed me nothing.

Patterson- :P On a couple plays he showed a good pass rush, but was locked up well on another.

Ramsey- He really impressed me. He got into the backfield a couple times. He seems fast and strong. I only watched him a couple times, and he did well each time.

Kearse- Does he twist his ankle everyday as a superstition? I saw him line up once at DT. Sorry, but I didn't get to watch him much.

I really paid more attention to new players or the injured players. The receivers did alot in front of me and the ST did some punting.

Hank Baskett - had a couple catches, but he also dropped two balls and bobbled one that would have been a drop if the corner was allowed to hit him. I read some good reports on him, so maybe he was tired in the afternoon drills.

The best catch of the PM was from Glue. He caught a deep pass down the middle with one hand. He had to stretch to get to it. The crowd gave him some props for it.

Reggie Brown heard it from the crowd when he dropped two passes. The first one was a bad pass in passing drills, so it was understanable. The second was during game drills (no contact). I thought the crowd was a little rough about it, but then I remembered that he commented that morning on WIP about how hard the Philly fans can be. I suspect some of the fans found it ironic. He still looked good at other times.

I was surprised to see Glue and Gaffney line up together as # 1 and 2.

\/ Gaffney caught alot of passes. I think he dropped one, but nobody booed. I didn't zone in on him, so it really meant nothing.

Moats dropped a pass in the flat in the morning and had the ball stripped from him on a run left. He looks so frigg'n fast, so I pray that he can figure out how to carry the ball. He did make some catches in the PM drills. He was involved in the dumbest play of the day. In 7-on-7 drills the entire team went long except him. This took all the defenders deep, except Trotter who was trailing him, but inside of him. Ryan must not have been looking at where Trotter was playing him, because he ran a hook right into Trotter. He then tried to shake Trotter, but it was like when you try to walk around someone on a sidewalk, ubt you both keep going in the same direction. The QB never got a pass off, since it was designed for Moats.

Perry looks fast and bigger, but I really can't say more than that.

Bucky- I was glad to see him running hard and cutting. There was no contact, so I didn't get to see him doing the hard stuff. He was cutting through the lines though.

Andrews- I know you already heard this, but, what a beast. It is great to see him so slimmed down.....yet he is still so frick'n big. The few times I wathced him, he totally locked up his pass rusher and moved the DT back on runs.

Barber- I'm a fan, but I really thought he looked fast. He had great coverage on two pass plays near the bleachers. They used him alot on nickel plays. The guy has calves that Johnny Drama would crave.

Consendine- Played with the first team some. He was also the nickle back safety. He hit someone hard and covered well on a deep ball that was overthrown.

BIG GUYS- Cole (center) is really round, but very barrel chested. Jean -Gilles is a monster. Young looked chiseled. Herremans is tall and big....almost like Big Jon.

Overall, the D dominated so much, that they even picked DM a couple times. They must've sacked the QB's about 10 times out of 25 pass plays. Most of that came from the 2nd team D against the 2nd team O-line.

The player I watched the most was JR Reed. I was glued to him whenever he was on the field. He returned punts (no contact) and he played FREE Safety. He caught every punt (even with his hands once) with ease. He ran like there was never a problem, but he only had to cut a few times. His cutting looked good, but it was not against an entire punt coverage team. He also looked good at safety. He was on time for his coverage on a deep ball that was overthrown. He would have had a pick or a great hit if it was on target. It was weird knowing that he had a spring on his foot to help him, yet he ran so well. The crowd was giving him and Bucky alot of support. BTW, I really like JR for his hitting and return skills, so I am so hopeful that he returns.

Trotter and Dawks were not allowed to hit in the afternoon, so there is not much to report on them. I was very happy to see their spirit out there and then they both came over by the stands and signed autographs for about 15 minutes. My neices brought mini helmets, so we were able to get two sigs from Dawk. It really topped off what was already one of the best vacations I'd had since the Superbowl.

Gotta get back to work, so I'll post more as I remember......in other threads.

I took pictures, but will have to email them to someone. Please send me an address.
    Pedro

"Barber- I'm a fan, but I really thought he looked fast. He had great coverage on two pass plays near the bleachers. They used him alot on nickel plays. The guy has calves that Johnny Drama would crave."

NICE! Thanks for the report, bud.

From all the reports I see coming in, I am more and more geeked about our D, and more and more concerned about the O. You can say tht the D has an advantage and doesn't hav eot be so concerned with getting timing down, but the O also has an advantage in that THEY know what play is being run, the D has to read and react to it.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Help me out, who is Glue?

Comment

I think that's a twist on G-Lew
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Re: Training Camp Observations from Tuesday

Originally posted by Pedro
          Ramsey- He really impressed me. He got into the backfield a couple times. He seems fast and strong. I only watched him a couple times, and he did well each time.
          Baldinger was on 610 this morning, and he cited Ramsey as the rookie that really stood out to him. I think Spadaro liked him in the initial camps as well.
          Your confidence in your team is high, but rest assured, you will suffer humiliation when the sports team from my area defeats the sports team from your area.

Comment

Nice work Pedro. My God, Moats must be dumber than a stick with all of these comments that are being made. By now he should be very familiar with the playbook.

If Andy has to really strip down the playbook for him, he won't see the field much. Hope the knee is OK though, because he sure seems to be a physical talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin
              I think that's a twist on G-Lew
              Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X