BGN: Jax LB moves may impact Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BGN: Jax LB moves may impact Eagles

The Jags signing DJ Alexander and Najee Goode may impact the Eagles compensatory pick re: Hicks. More intriguing to me is the speculation as to whether these moves foreshadow a trade involving OLB Telvin Smith. He's got a big price tag though. If the Jags do decide to move him, I hope the Eagles kick the tires at least.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...mith-trade-nfl

There's this from Rotoworld, re: Jets LB Darron Lee too.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...664/darron-lee

The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta reports the Jets will not pick up LB Darron Lee's fifth-year team option for 2020.

The Jets tried and failed to trade Lee during the draft. Lee became extraneous after the Jets cracked open the vault for C.J. Mosley in free agency. Going on 25, Lee has never been a difference maker, but he was not an embarrassment in 2018. If they don't trade him this summer, the Jets could keep Lee as a valuable piece of depth.
    Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter
    May 1, 2019, 11:26 PM ET

Comment

Trying to forecast supplementary picks is almost like forecasting the draft TP with the NFL somehow mixing in their secret sauce that screws things up.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Those comp picks are nice but I think the last year or so the talk about comp picks has been overplayed. If I am going to lose a 4th round comp pick but pick up a nice player that is going to help my team I am doing it.
        Vet signings impact salary cap whereas those draft picks are on the team at a reasonable number so I understand the need or desire for the picks. But I also know guys picked at the back end of the 4th round are no guarantee to even make the team.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          Those comp picks are nice but I think the last year or so the talk about comp picks has been overplayed. If I am going to lose a 4th round comp pick but pick up a nice player that is going to help my team I am doing it.
          Vet signings impact salary cap whereas those draft picks are on the team at a reasonable number so I understand the need or desire for the picks. But I also know guys picked at the back end of the 4th round are no guarantee to even make the team.
          I agree and also think that the rule is obsolete. It was written the first year of free agency began when some teams like the Eagles were getting wiped out by mass players leaving their teams (like our great defense). I can't see how adding some bottom of the roster player should change things anyway.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

This development doesn't affect the Eagles, but I put it here instead of starting a new thread for it:

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...8/telvin-smith

Jaguars LB Telvin Smith has announced he will not play in 2019.
            "At this time I must take time away from this game and get my world in order," Smith said in an Instagram post. The word "retirement" was never mentioned. Smith rumors have been percolating for some time now, while the Jags have loaded up on linebackers, including a potential third-round replacement in Quincy Williams. Now 28, Smith remained an every-down player last season, though his effectiveness fell off from an elite 2017. He still managed to notch a sack, two interceptions and a forced fumble in addition to 134 tackles. It is entirely unclear what is causing Smith to step away.

Comment

Working...
            X