X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These Holywood people should have their own friekin planet

Oscars: Kimmel mocks Mike Pence over film boosting adult/teen male sex
    GOPUSA Staff Washington Times 6:57 am March 5, 201820 comments
    Apparently nobody but Vice President Mike Pence would object to a movie glorifying a sexual relationship between a teenager and an adult.

Academy Awards host Jimmy Kimmel mocked Mr. Pence during Sunday’s awards show by suggesting that he would be the only one offended by the plot of “Call Me By Your Name,” a Best Picture nominee about a gauzy romance between a 17-year-old boy and an adult man.

The actor playing the boy, Timothee Chalamet, was nominated for Best Actor.

“Timothee is the star of a small but powerful story called ‘Call Me By Your Name,’ which did not make a lot of money. In fact, of the nine Best Picture nominees, only two of them made more than $100 million,” said Mr. Kimmel in his opening monologue.

“But that’s not the point. We don’t make films like ‘Call Me By Your Name’ for money. We make them to upset Mike Pence,” he quipped.

.@jimmykimmel: “We don’t make films like ‘Call Me by Your Name’ to make money. We make them to upset Mike Pence.” #Oscars https://t.co/gGUxhy6d5o pic.twitter.com/MJfvKT2bl6
    — Variety (@Variety) March 5, 2018

The Republican Pence has never commented publicly on the movie, but others have denounced its gauzy portrayal of the teen-adult romance, include actor Corey Feldman, an outspoken foe of pedophilia in the movie industry.

Mr. Feldman, who has said for years that he was sexually abused as a teenager in Hollywood, erupted in November after being told the Sony Pictures Classic film didn’t include “child grooming.”

“Really? Have U seen it? What’s it about then? How do U justify a grown man starting a relationship w someone’s child?” tweeted Mr. Feldman.

Really? Hav U seen it? What’s it about then? How do U justify a grown man starting a relationship w someone’s child?
    — Corey Feldman (@Corey_Feldman) November 28, 2017

Also raising objections to the film was Gabe Hoffman, co-producer of “An Open Secret,” a 2014 documentary about sexual exploitation of underage actors by adult insiders in Hollywood.

You Might Like

Learn more about RevenueStripe...
    “We think it’s at least questionable, and at worst glorifying pedophilia,” said Mr. Hoffman.

The criticism didn’t prevent “Call Me By Your Name,” which co-stars 31-year-old Armie Hammer as the graduate student who has an affair with the teen, from garnering three Academy Award nominations.

Mr. Kimmel even made a joke during the awards ceremony about the youthful-looking Chalamet’s age. Mr. Chalamet turned 22 in December.

“Timothee is missing ‘Paw Patrol’ to be here tonight. Don’t worry, Ryder and his team of pups save the day,” quipped Mr. Kimmel.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Didn't watch, don't care, rather claw my own eyes out!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
      Didn't watch, don't care, rather claw my own eyes out!

Used to think politicians were the lowest form, pretty much by themselves.

Now I think it is a 4 way race to the most hyperbolic, untrustworthy, hypocritical low lives we have...... So called media(Journalists, tv news), politicians, Hollywood types( actors, producers, directors etc etc) and Lawyers......... Now all jockey for the top spot..... Just all moving about the top 4 spots.

Comment

Working...
      X