Peters torn bicep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peters torn bicep

Reports are that he has a torn bicep .......... But he can play with it.

When will these injuries stop or is this the football gods exacting their payment for us Eagle fans praying fir that SB.

yea you wonder if they are eating their Wheaties because last year and this it seems injury level is high. If I am Lurie I would be asking about the strength and conditioning coaches.
    But age has to be looked at at least in Peters and Sproles case
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Well he was having a hard time playing without the Torn Bicep I would think it may be time to pass the touch to BIG V for now. OT will be a big time need this offseason.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I saw him get blown up on a bull rush last night. That's something that I thought I'd never see in my life. I think that he landed on his ass but I'm not sure.
        Last edited by Eagle60; 10-12-2018, 03:32 PM.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          Reports are that he has a torn bicep .......... But he can play with it.
          That is what I expected when I heard of the injury. I remember years back one of our OL tore his bicep and was done for the year. I thought this would be the case with Jason.

Not ready to give up on the big guy yet. He may not have worked himself back into playing shape yet.....or maybe age has finally caught up to him.

Comment

Tackle/safety must be priorities for next year's draft/FA. I would have said WR but with Alshon in the lineup everything changes to where they are ok not a disaster especially if Nelson improves to 75% of what he was last year.

Comment

Could Peters be coaxed into moving to guard? Just a thought.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

We need a great draft period and we have been doing that since Douglas arrived. We've got 10 or 11 picks so we should do well. I've got the feeling that it's going to get ugly with JP this offseason which will be very unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                  That is what I expected when I heard of the injury. I remember years back one of our OL tore his bicep and was done for the year. I thought this would be the case with Jason.

Not ready to give up on the big guy yet. He may not have worked himself back into playing shape yet.....or maybe age has finally caught up to him.
                  The guy is 36 and it’s only natural that his body wears down. We all love JP and he’s a first ballot HOFer and will undoubtedly be brought back as an OLine coach when he’s done.

His body has been breaking down over the last three years and he’s become susceptible to a lot of holding penalties as a result. This is probably his last year and I think the Eagles have been planning for this day.

Comment

I think he got bull rushed on the play he got hurt
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                      The guy is 36 and it’s only natural that his body wears down. We all love JP and he’s a first ballot HOFer and will undoubtedly be brought back as an OLine coach when he’s done.

His body has been breaking down over the last three years and he’s become susceptible to a lot of holding penalties as a result. This is probably his last year and I think the Eagles have been planning for this day.
                      I'll bet you my house that will never happen. Who was the last HOFer you know that came back to become an assistant coach? A guy that made $100 million at least over his career is going to retire and take a job for that kind of life. Come on WC, that will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        I'll bet you my house that will never happen. Who was the last HOFer you know that came back to become an assistant coach? A guy that made $100 million at least over his career is going to retire and take a job for that kind of life. Come on WC, that will never happen.
                        Just sayin......

All last year when he was hurt he could be seen on the sideline mentoring Vaitai. Coachings fun, more fun when you don’t have to worry about money (a problem I don’t have)

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                          Just sayin......

All last year when he was hurt he could be seen on the sideline mentoring Vaitai. Coachings fun, more fun when you don’t have to worry about money (a problem I don’t have)

Sure it is for 2 1/2 hours a day 5 days a week. 19 hours a day 7 times a week in pro ball requires a different type of nut job lol.

Comment

Peters won’t live to see 55. Human beings that big wear their hearts out faster than the rest of us. It’s sad but I think sadly unless he goes full Nate Newton and becomes an excercise freak it is going to wear on his body.
                            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                              Peters won’t live to see 55. Human beings that big wear their hearts out faster than the rest of us. It’s sad but I think sadly unless he goes full Nate Newton and becomes an excercise freak it is going to wear on his body.
                              Sadly that is true AW. The life expectancy of an NFL player is 53 years old. Time to hang them up Big Fella and go on Nutri System and be a Philly Legend.

Comment

Working...
                              X