X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browns traded LB Genard Avery to the Eagles

According to Adam Schefter.
    Fly EaglesFly!

6ft 249lbs. Eagles are listing him as a DE. Strange fit, he seems much more like a Strong Side Linebacker than a Defensive end. Don't see how this guy helps any more than what they have now. Going to have to let go of a comparable player in order to get him on the roster.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Or they are going to trade a guy Taz. Or they are going to release Hollins or one of the young DT they signed.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Apparently he palyed DE, the Browns changed scheme this year and tried to make him a LB. The switch did not go well, and he has been mainly on the bench this year.
        Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
          Or they are going to trade a guy Taz. Or they are going to release Hollins or one of the young DT they signed.
          Possibly but I don't know how many times when I see a team make a head scratching move and think well they are going to trade somebody now. They usually just release somebody who winds up as a better player than what they had.

Comment

Taz... I think I'd take that chance on Hollins. He sucks.

Didn't anybody else BTW see how much Sweat played yesterday. I feel like maybe they were sliding Graham in to DT quite a bit and playing Sweat at DE. I noticed Curry got more time than normal yesterday too.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

and there you go... just waived Bruce Hector.

Comment

They were actually pretty good against the run outside the QB runs. Young guys played hard. Pass rush is the issue. Cant be;iev Hollins is still starting. Is JJAW that bad or they are just stuck on keeping behind Alshon?

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                  They were actually pretty good against the run outside the QB runs. Young guys played hard. Pass rush is the issue. Cant be;iev Hollins is still starting. Is JJAW that bad or they are just stuck on keeping behind Alshon?
                  Years ago I some great conversation with Troy Vincent on an Eagles cruise (he was retired by that point but not in the league office). We got to talking about the draft and he said, you know within the first few practices if these young players are going to make it.

I find it interesting that the Eagles didn't redo Jeffrey's contract until later in the summer. Perhaps they know they made a mistake with JJAW.

Comment

Genard Avery is a real nice pickup-T Lawler-good video too

http://igglesblitz.com/2019/10/fastball-also-curveball
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                    X