No announcement yet.

Chip Should Have Kept Foles - Obviously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foles would not have this team in a different position than it is right now. We'll see whether the gamble on Sam was worth it but Foles is/was not the answer.

Comment

I sure hope we haven't seen the best of Bradford. As for Foles one can't say what he would have or would not have done. Different players, different schemes, different mindsets. He may not be as athletic (although I haven't seen a hell of a lot from Bradford) but he gained a few yards when he ran--and he ran more than Bradford I believe. I also remember more than a couple of long distance throws by Foles that were right on target.
      It is probably not worth discussing because there can be no definitive answer
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

The guy was injured and out for the season, then, the team went right down the shute.

Please, spare me the stats. The jury never had time to deliberate on Foles. Foles was a Chip Kelly casualty. He was a Kelly personnel decision. Can you honestly say that Foles isn't as good as the rest of the league's second tier quarterbacks?

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
          And you heard it here 2nd. I'm not willing to say what we've seen is the best of Bradford.
          If Kelly doesn't win at least seven games this year, Bradford may not be the only one leaving following the conclusion of the next nine games.

Comment

I don't think Foles is any better than Bradford. The issue is getting Bradford up to speed after missing two years-that is a lot of rust. Foles was going nowhere and really not much better than Sanchez. Bradford offered more upside. My exception to the trade was the 2nd rounder. With the way we are playing, that pick hurts. I understanding rolling the dice; this team was not going to be one of the top 2-3 teams anyway. GB. Ari, and probably a healthy Dallas are all better. I am not going to say Foles would have this team moving in a different direction, but I do think we are seeing that Bradford is getting no help from the running game or from his WR and he may not be the answer either.

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
              I don't think Foles is any better than Bradford. The issue is getting Bradford up to speed after missing two years-that is a lot of rust. Foles was going nowhere and really not much better than Sanchez. Bradford offered more upside. My exception to the trade was the 2nd rounder. With the way we are playing, that pick hurts. I understanding rolling the dice; this team was not going to be one of the top 2-3 teams anyway. GB. Ari, and probably a healthy Dallas are all better. I am not going to say Foles would have this team moving in a different direction, but I do think we are seeing that Bradford is getting no help from the running game or from his WR and he may not be the answer either.
              Yeah, Chip may have panicked a little throwing in that 2nd rounder. Then again, who knows what Cleveland was offering? And what's with that comment from Sam a couple of weeks ago that he likes taking snaps under center because it gives him more time to check out this defense? Didn't he play from the shotgun at Oklahoma too?
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I have a feeling that Chip is doing whatever he can to make Sam more comfortable. And that includes slowing down the pace/tempo. They have slowed down quite a bit.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Reminds me of Woody Harelson in that old WILDCATS movie with Goldie Hawn. I can Run and I can throw; I just can't run and throw. Sam can throw and he can think he just cant run and think without time.......

Comment

Working...
                  X