Vikings nuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vikings nuts?

Anybody else think that in this day and age of the cap.... That signing Cousins to 3 years FULLY guaranteed is nuts?

I do..........that in my opinion could put your whole organization in big trouble with a not only a possible injury but just plain possible suckiness.

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
    Anybody else think that in this day and age of the cap.... That signing Cousins to 3 years FULLY guaranteed is nuts?

I do..........that in my opinion could put your whole organization in big trouble with a not only a possible injury but just plain possible suckiness.
    This could be a gamechanger. Other GMs are going to be pissed off about it but the agents and players will be dancing in the streets over this precedent.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

we'll be doing the same thing before too long
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I heard a story today that a team (AZ maybe) offered Brees 60 mil for two years guaranteed but he went back to New Orleans. The Cousins deal is crazy.

It is also crazy that Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater may all be starting QBs in the league this year. MN had three starting QBs on the roster this year. What does that say about the QBs in this league
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          I heard a story today that a team (AZ maybe) offered Brees 60 mil for two years guaranteed but he went back to New Orleans. The Cousins deal is crazy.

It is also crazy that Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater may all be starting QBs in the league this year. MN had three starting QBs on the roster this year. What does that say about the QBs in this league
          To me that says it's easier than ever to be a QB in the NFL. With all the rules changes you can put up big numbers as long as you have protection and decent weapons.
          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

For Minnesota Cousins is the missing piece or is he. Look at his numbers compared to Keenum last year. Very similar. You only make this type of move if you think it’s a major upgrade. I agree with MDfan this move is curious at best
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Cousins will be interesting to watch, IMO he doesn't have the leadership skills, but he is going to a pretty sweet situation. Running game, defense and shouldn't be playing catch up 3/4 of the time.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I guess I am still hung up on the injury situation, I mean it really is gonna suck if you have to pay a guy like almost 30 million to sit if he gets seriously hurt. I mean that juts seems to be a big chunk of your cap--- for 3 years already accounted for for one guy WHO could get hurt at anytime.

Comment

Well Minnesota did give up a first and a fourth for the Glass Man. So it’s not like insanity is a something new for them. I agree with MD. One injury to Cousins and it’s 28 million on IR for however long. Plus you need to pay a back up and that position doesn’t come cheap.

Comment

Doesn't leave the QB much reason to play hard, or hurt.

Comment

As I said earlier this is a gamechanger. Owners were reluctant to give bonuses period because of injuries. They have been getting bigger and bigger every year but this one is crazy. I think that he's an excellent QB though. His teammates weren't very happy that he wanted out. He carried that decimated team last year to hang with a lot of good teams.

Comment

I think he’s very choppy as a passer- one quarter, he looks like an HOFer and the next he looks like Ryan Leaf.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                          I think he’s very choppy as a passer- one quarter, he looks like an HOFer and the next he looks like Ryan Leaf.
                          He puts up some pretty decent numbers for a choppy QB WC. I'm not a huge stat guy but an average QB ranking of 97 and 4,500 yards per season is pretty darned impressive over the last 3 seasons.

Comment

The Vikings are gping to have to spend anlot to improve their oline to keep Cousins safe. Add that cost in and it really is a massive investment. But hey, its the Vikings - the perennial “butt hurt” cry babies. They reap what they sow.
                            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

and the Pats lost Soldier too

Comment

Working...
                              X