Some Ike Thoughts After Game 3...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
    Vick was used like that to just screw around and get him comfortable and get some looks on tape.

That won't be the chaotic way they use him in the regular season. No way.
    That's exactly right, they are not going to expose to anyone in the pre-season exactly what Vick might do so they can prepare for it. They want to show enough though that everyone can see he's the same guy and then that's it.
    Our bye week is week 5
    He may not be eligible to play until week 6 when we play the raiders. Week 7, 8 & 9 is Redskins, giants, then cowboys. I'll bet they come up with some very limited packages for Vick specifically geared and unique to the defenses of those division games. Now if he's eligible to play in week 2 or 3, it's probably a different scenario.

Comment

PhillyChuck. Your suggestions are exactly what I am thinking, except that I don't know if I am ready to give up on Justice after his decent preseason. But, if Runyan is healthy at all, I am much more comfortable with him starting over someone like Justice.

Comment

Interesting stuff, although I see no need for Dunn op this team, IMO.

Comment

Various responses:

I agree about Hanson, he's fine as a #3-4 guy. Looks ready to go.

Maclin has very little wiggle or quicks, from what he has shown so far. Perhaps it's just that he is behind and unsure of himself. Should definitely NOT be returning. We have better options there. To this point, I am not seeing what all the hype is about.

As I had from the day he was signed in April, I still question the Peters hype as well. Doesn't look like much to me. And I don't expect to have a mega millionaire have to play his way into shape, either. I'd say I've been surprised, but I'm not.

MLB is a serious concern. We have two weak sisters battling for the job, it would appear. Where is the depth?

RB I am not concerned about....IF McCoy keeps working hard and continues to learn, and if Weaver is OK. I'm actually pretty excited baout our running prospects.

Vick doesn't look like he brings anything special to the table. He is NOT gong to be our QB, so the only useful role would be as some sort of gadget guy. A job that Desean could probably perform twice as well.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Well... I guess I must be catching Hanson at bad times cause I've seen him do nothing... maybe it because I hate the faggy Hanson Brothers?

Another thing on Vick. You all know how sensitive McNabb is. If you listen to the crowd after his deep sideline out pattern that was jumped, and picked off, you can can hear the "We Want Vick" chants. There were about 5 or 6 verses. Just imagine week 4, and we are 1-2 in the standings, and #5 has one of his off days... holy crap the Vick stuff is going to be nuts. Media everywhere. Terrible. I can see it coming.

This team could become more of a circus than it already is... OD like... again.

By the way.. someone mentioned in the thread how much they announcers sucked. Holy crap are they right. Hugh, and Herman repeated themselves the entire game. Hugh, and Herman repeated themselves the entire game. Hugh, and Herman repeated themselves the entire game.
            The color guy couldn't speak, and had no clue who anyone was. The ETN... now featuring terrible announcers. I would have rather had listened to 3 dogs barking at Vick for 3 hours.

Comment

Philly Chuck I'm with you except that I'd keep Gibson over Amendola simply because I think he has better upside as a WR. I'd still let Maclin and Demps handle the return duties with DJax as a back up. I personally would prefer that they not cut a guy with potential at a skill position in order to keep a lesser player because he can return punts. Andy doesn't listen to me though (dumb bastard that he is! ) so you may see Amendola out there afterall!
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Oh one other thing, I'm really liking what I've seen of Buckley. So far the kid looks sharp. I won't get too excited until I see what he can do against the ones, but so far so good! I think we end up with 3 RBs (Westy, McCoy and Buckely) as well as Weaver at FB. Sorry Booker, time to turn the page on your Eagles career.
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

There are only 2 people on the team that I would consider handling punts on this team. Jackson or Westbrook. Both have a good chance to return it for 6. How often in a game do you get to have that kind of talent with the ball in their hands in open space? I'm sure not in the camp that returning a punt is any more of a risk of getting hurt than running a play. Injuries on special teams are seldom the returner anyway. If somebody wants to make the point that they need a rest, I'm not buying. Let them take a play off after the punt. At least Maclin catches the ball well though.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                  X