No announcement yet.

Hey MD, did you get a call again today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey MD, did you get a call again today?

Eagles Injury Report: Down to two healthy wide receivers
    More WR injuries.

By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Dec 19, 2019, 4:25pm EST

The Philadelphia Eagles issued their second official injury report on Thursday in advance of their big Week 16 game against the Dallas Cowboys.

Thursday’s report is nearly identical to Wednesday’s version. The only difference is that JJ Arcega-Whiteside was added as a limited participant.

JJAW’s injury means the Eagles are down to just two wide receivers — Greg Ward and Robert Davis — not listed on the injury report. The Eagles could look to promote Marken Michel from the practice squad if there’s serious question about JJAW’s status.

The other four limited participants from Thursday: Fletcher Cox, Brandon Brooks, Ronald Darby, and Jordan Howard. I’d guess Cox and Brooks should be able to play. Darby probably has a chance as well. Until we hear that Howard’s been cleared for contact, it’s hard to believe he’ll suit up.

Nelson Agholor, Derek Barnett, and Lane Johnson all missed practice for the second day in a row. Agholor is probably not going to play:

Tim McManus

@Tim_McManus
    Nelson Agholor’s right knee is very swollen. Like twice the normal size. The visual contradicts any thought that he’s not legit injured.

4:02 PM - Dec 19, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    161 people are talking about this
    The Eagles might be resting Barnett and Johnson to give them as much recovery time as possible. I think they both have a non-zero chance to suit up against Dallas but missing two straight practices isn’t an encouraging sign.

We’ll learn more abut the team’s injury situation when they put out their third and final injury report on Friday afternoon.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES INJURY REPORT (THURSDAY)
    DID NOT PARTICIPATE

WR Nelson Agholor (knee)
    DE Derek Barnett (ankle)
    OT Lane Johnson (ankle)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION

WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside (foot)
    OG Brandon Brooks (calf)
    DT Fletcher Cox (triceps)
    CB Ronald Darby (hip flexor)
    RB Jordan Howard (shoulder)

DALLAS COWBOYS INJURY REPORT (THURSDAY)
    Dak Prescott spoke with reporters and downplayed the severity of his shoulder injury. Still, he won’t be taking many practice reps this week. And at least one former NFL doctor thinks Prescott’s throw ability could be “severely hindered.”

Michael Gehlken

@GehlkenNFL
    · 7h
    Dak Prescott on AC joint sprain: “I’m getting better. Simple as that. Mobility and function, it’s all improving. That’s the key. That’s the goal. I’ll be good to go Sunday.” Dealt with same injury during senior year. May throw Friday but “I’m sure Saturday” and pregame Sunday.

Michael Gehlken

@GehlkenNFL
    Dak Prescott said he had same injury in college “probably once every other week. Both shoulders. It’s no different. Obviously, I haven’t had it in four years. You forget the pain level. You’ve got to get used to that again, but it’s fine. ...Nothing I can’t deal with.”

3:00 PM - Dec 19, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    See Michael Gehlken's other Tweets
    Tyron Smith, Michael Bennett, and Sean Lee were upgraded to limited after sitting out on Wednesday. They’re on track to play.

Leighton Vander Esch is reportedly out.

DID NOT PARTICIPATE

CB C.J. Goodwin (thumb)
    WR Devin Smith (knee)
    LB Joe Thomas (knee)
    LB Leighton Vander Esch (neck)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION

DE Michael Bennett (foot/illness)
    OT La’el Collins (knee)
    LB Chris Covington (ankle)
    P Chris Jones (abdomen)
    LB Sean Lee (pectoral/thigh)
    QB Dak Prescott (right shoulder)
    OT Tyron Smith (eye)
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

This year was not meant to be!!!!

They called again and I held out for a no trade clause and they said no!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

Good one lol
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Lane Johnson ruled OUT.

At this point, I just want to avoid the late season major injury to a key player. I feel like what would be totally on brand for us would be an ACL or Achilles for Cox, Graham, Jenkins, or Sanders.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

This team has been a MASH unit all season long and yet all we hear all week long is about poor Dak Prescott and his injured but not really injured shoulder! Not one starting WR from Game 1. No RT. Number 1 RB out. And yet here they are battling for a playoff spot with the greatest team every assembled according everyone EXCEPT Colin Cowherd which is almost as crazy as this season has been.

Comment

Working...
            X