What could be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What could be

if we were to go to war next year just with what we had at the end of season and the returning injured players, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Adding up to 10 draft picks to the mix is going to prove interesting. I doubt we keep all those pics, hopefully there is a package put together to move up for some quality.
    Scott, Sanders,Howard, Jeffery, Jackson, Ward, Davis, Whiteside and Ertz, Goedert are enough pieces to cause trouble next season. Other than the handful of games Sproles played, we got NOTHING from our punt returners. We need a guy to at least provide the league average in PRT yardage. That 7-12 Yards per kick changes things during the season.
    Defensively I hope we draft a damn fine CB and LB and let's find out if this coach can indeed handle the youngins .
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

I don't know where everybody is coming up with the Jeffery is all done ideas. He looked pretty darned good to me in that game.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

When healthy Jeffery has shown that he isn't over the hill. I think some of the calls to move on from him stem from the rumor that he is one of the major sources of the Wentz anonymous criticism. If he is, then in my eyes, management should consider moving on from him.

Tolerance of anonymous criticism of the franchise QB is a terrible idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
        When healthy Jeffery has shown that he isn't over the hill. I think some of the calls to move on from him stem from the rumor that he is one of the major sources of the Wentz anonymous criticism. If he is, then in my eyes, management should consider moving on from him.

Tolerance of anonymous criticism of the franchise QB is a terrible idea.
        His last game he went 9-137 and 1 TD. For an 8 game season he went 43-490-4 TDs. He is still our best option not named Ertz for those tough catches for a 1st down. With DJ blowing the top off the defense, all the others will have open /one on one opportunities and Sanders/Howard( hope they sign him) and Scott are going to have lots of open field . I can't see how anyone wouldn't get excited at the prospects.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

mm, those are the absolute same thoughts I went into last season with. I thought the team was as good and as deep as any in my lifetime. We know how that turned out. Not sure going into next season with the same team that looked like s*** many times last season is my preferred choice. Take out that 9-137-1 and Jeffrey gave us 3 TDs, 34 catches, and 353 yards. He left the field at the end of the year with a non contact foot injury. And there is certainly speculation that he is the source of conflict with Wentz. I don't know if it is true but the staff does. I don't know if the non contact foot injury is indicative of his overall health but the staff has a better idea. I do know I don't want to go into next year with a number one receiver who is iffy--at best and gives those numbers. The absolute only reason he is with the birds next year is that they can't unload his contract.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

I still think that having #10 for the season will make all those other guys better. They may not have career seasons, but IMO they will increase the YPC average. Wentz was no where near the form of the last 5 weeks early on. I'm not saying Jeffery is his younger self, but he's better than the current roster options and I would go to war with him,Djax, Ward and Whiteside along with the remaining cashiers from WAWA. If Jeffery comes back and averages 5-70 and .6 TD/game, I'll take it. If they bring someone in and he takes Jeffery's job, so be it. I'm just saying that until they get someone better, I'll take him on my team. Let's add some ballers on D and have at it

Comment

I just don't believe the Jeffrey shit. If it were a problem the Eagles would have already dealt with it.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

That chick who made the claim is generally scoffed at in the locker room I believe

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  That chick who made the claim is generally scoffed at in the locker room I believe

She was just pissed at Jeffrey because he told her "the third biggest lie"....on seven different occasions.

Comment

Working...
                  X