Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Way too Early Question: Does Gaffney get Cut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, well also see Simoneau, Mark. Since we're talking FA LBs......
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

dont think he will be.

think he needs s'more time with the first team.

i could be wrong...but did the first team even have a third down?
      Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

BTW - I think Gaffney WAS on the field with the 1's, but there were only 2 passes to WRs, and that was Baskett and Brown. Not much opportunity there for Gaffney if in fact he even was on the field with them.

I'll hold off on my execution of Gaffney, for now. Though that play where Garcia got picked is burned into my head.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

BTW - I think Gaffney WAS on the field with the 1's, but there were only 2 passes to WRs, and that was Baskett and Brown. Not much opportunity there for Gaffney if in fact he even was on the field with them.

I'll hold off on my execution of Gaffney, for now. Though that play where Garcia got picked is burned into my head.

Comment

Gaffney was on the field - I believe it was in a 3 receiver set.

Comment

Unless he completely craps the bed I think Gaffney makes the team. He has great upside and had a couple of good years on really bad teams. He's still earning the system and only had a limited opportunity in the first preseason game. No way the Eagles cut him at this point. If anyone goes it's Lewis. The guy hasn't impressed at all this preseason and he was out and out depressing to watch last year. If it comes down to GLew or Gaffney I think Lewis is the odd man out.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

waaay too early for this

we played on a unfamiliar surface in an unfamiliar stadium. Even Westbrook was falling.

Gaffney has me a bit concerned. But lets see him with the 1's before we pass judgement. I did see him once in a 3 receiver set...I think that was the play we hit Westbrook on a screen for a nice gain.

I'm much more concerned with Garcia, Koy and Chang than I am with Gaffney. Why people want to give Garcia a pass for playing with the 2's, but not others...is beyond me.

That was game one of a Pre-Season in which we have game 2 in just three days

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20
                  waaay too early for this

we played on a unfamiliar surface in an unfamiliar stadium. Even Westbrook was falling.

Gaffney has me a bit concerned. But lets see him with the 1's before we pass judgement. I did see him once in a 3 receiver set...I think that was the play we hit Westbrook on a screen for a nice gain.

I'm much more concerned with Garcia, Koy and Chang than I am with Gaffney. Why people want to give Garcia a pass for playing with the 2's, but not others...is beyond me.

That was game one of a Pre-Season in which we have game 2 in just three days

i'll bite on the concern over Gaffney instead of Garcia. I'm not laboring under any misimpression that the Birds are a contender if McNabb goes down for the season. But I'd like to give Donovan some decent targets to throw to.
                  Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

[quote="Leonard Tosei'll bite on the concern over Gaffney instead of Garcia. I'm not laboring under any misimpression that the Birds are a contender if McNabb goes down for the season. But I'd like to give Donovan some decent targets to throw to.[/quote]

well that is why I am saying that Donovan seemed fine last night in his one drive. Unless you think he needed more targets?

I wonder if the result of that drive would have been any differenct with Gaffney starting over Baskett? I'm not sure it would have.

therefore I'm not concerned about Gaffney not getting passes from Garcia.

I'm concerned with Garcia's happy feet and inability to get the ball to open WR's

Comment

Hey Dawk, are you having some trouble learning how to quote other posts?
                      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                      X