Some thoughts on the game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some thoughts on the game...

First off, watching a frustrated TO on the sidelines was beautiful.

That being said we came out pretty good in the injury department. From Reid...Injuries: CB [Roderick] Hood and WR [Donte] Stallworth did not play. RB Reno Mahe tweaked his ankle again and should be okay. LB [Matt] McCoy had a hip pointer as did LB [Shawn] Barber we'll check it out here. Other guys came out but they went back in LG [Todd] Herremans, WR [Reggie] Brown, and WR Greg Lewis.

So that looks like pretty good news, although 36's knee is an obvious concern.

I love this offense when they throw the deep ball. Donovan throws a great deep ball. But, I don't love it when they throw a pass on 3rd or 4th and inches. I'd sneak the ball right behind big Shawn Andrews every single time until someone stopped it. A pass play is more difficult to execute than a sneak, and in addition, have you ever seen Mcnabb stuffed on a sneak? I can't remember it happening. Andy, this is madness.

The true, downhill JJ defense was in full force yesterday. Jeezus, does it ever make a difference having Lito and Doo Doo in there together. There's been a lot of soft coverage being played, going all the way back to last season, because of personnel issues, and it's obvious that when they are really brining blitzers, and attacking downhill, they are much better than when they play soft. There's a huge difference.

I don't know how you go about fixing it, but this team has a nasty habbit of outplaying their opponent, but letting them hang around long enough to have a chance at winning the game. They let the Giants back in, and I clearly remember Donovan stating they would never collapse like that again. But, they were in the process of letting SF back in the game before the fumble return. And, here we were again yesterday. The Boys turned the ball over 5 times. We controlled the tempo of the game, played solid, hit on some big plays....yet there were the Boys in the redzone with ample time to send the game into over time. Thank God for Lito's pick, because that was very close to moving into disaster teritory. Very close. That is happening far too often. They need to put these teams away when they get their thumb down on them.

Still, a great game, and a great win. I was really happy for 5. We need to enjoy this one, but NO is going to be tough, and they better shake it off quick, and get back to work.
Working...
X