Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
    Hey Chip I watched the Temple game. They looked real good yesterday. I was sorry to see Villanova lose yesterday. If they would have won they would have come to Fargo to face NDSU in the FCS championships
    I was at the Temple/Navy AAC championship game. I thought Temple would win, largely because of their experience of playing in the AAC title game last year and also how well they've been playing in recent weeks, but I didn't expect them to dominate Navy the way they did. The Owls have been very impressive this year after a somewhat slow start.

As for Villanova, I didn't see most of the game, but I read they outplayed SDSU but just couldn't make plays on offense when they needed to. That's actually been the story in all of their losses this year.

It's too bad that North Dakota couldn't get the job done against Richmond in their playoff game, and join NDSU in the FCS/DI-AA quarterfinals. Speaking of NDSU, the battle of the Dakotas next week with South Dakota State should be interesting.

Comment

Yea should be a good game. SDSU beat them during the season (they also had one loss last year and that was a SD team). But this will be in Fargo so I expect NDSU to come out on top.
      You sure do get around to the games.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        Yea should be a good game. SDSU beat them during the season (they also had one loss last year and that was a SD team). But this will be in Fargo so I expect NDSU to come out on top.

You sure do get around to the games.
        Yeah, I'd say so. During this football season, I've been to the following:

*Four Eagles games (vs Cleveland, at Detroit, at Washington, vs Minnesota); I will definitely also go to the game at Baltimore and possibly the game vs Dallas (if the latter isn't on TV in DC).

*Five FBS/DI-A college games (3 Temple games - at Penn State, vs Cincinnati, at Navy; Toledo/Eastern Michigan when I was in Detroit for the Eagles/Lions game; and Mississippi State/Mississippi); I will almost definitely also attend the Temple/Wake Forest Military Bowl game.

*Three FCS/DI-AA college games (Princeton/Lehigh, Villanova/Lafayette, and Lehigh/Georgetown).

*One D3 college game (Muhlenberg/Moravian - that's a rivalry in the Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton area).

Between all sports (primarily baseball, football, and basketball with a little hockey thrown in) I probably will attend about 60-65 games this year, plus I attended a few sessions at a couple of tennis tournaments (all or part of most sessions at the Citi Open here in DC and two full days, day and night sessions, during the U.S. Open in NYC).

Comment

Working...
        X