No announcement yet.

Root for Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baltimore game: it was 10-7 at the half. Yes, McNabb was not playing well. But to put an untested 2nd year player in against that defense? I think it was either insanity or stupidity at it's finest. Maybe they lose anyway. But that thing snowballed with a deer in the headlights QB starting it downhill.

Reid has had some total wrecks of game plans. It didn't just start just this year either. The Skins games should not have come down to making those catches. Not being able to generate an offense for 58 minutes made those catches so important.

Who keeps these players that over & over can not execute? Who decides last season he doesn't need a real punt returner? Who decided a true full back was not needed? Who decided a TE does not have to be able to block? Who calls 16 straight passes? Having a QB that is not the most accurate, but has a strong arm, should run an over done version of the west coast? Who decided we needed to sacrifice a draft pick in round 2 to pick Kolb instead of fixing a position of more immediate need? Also all the drafted "projects". Who challenges what should not be challenged & passes on what should be reviewed? Who is responsible for a 2 minute drill that year after year needs 5 minutes to be run successfully? I could keep on going.

I know we may get someone worse than Reid. We may get someone better. Being afraid of the unknown will keep this team spinning it's wheels. After 10 years, Reid is what he is. He won't go with a balanced attack. Even though it really does work. He wants it done by putting the ball up 60+% of the time. He seems unable or refuses to learn/get better. There has been too much failure of putting the players in better positions to get the job done. Just MHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
      Baltimore game: it was 10-7 at the half. Yes, McNabb was not playing well. But to put an untested 2nd year player in against that defense? I think it was either insanity or stupidity at it's finest. Maybe they lose anyway. But that thing snowballed with a deer in the headlights QB starting it downhill.

Reid has had some total wrecks of game plans. It didn't just start just this year either. The Skins games should not have come down to making those catches. Not being able to generate an offense for 58 minutes made those catches so important.

Who keeps these players that over & over can not execute? Who decides last season he doesn't need a real punt returner? Who decided a true full back was not needed? Who decided a TE does not have to be able to block? Who calls 16 straight passes? Having a QB that is not the most accurate, but has a strong arm, should run an over done version of the west coast? Who decided we needed to sacrifice a draft pick in round 2 to pick Kolb instead of fixing a position of more immediate need? Also all the drafted "projects". Who challenges what should not be challenged & passes on what should be reviewed? Who is responsible for a 2 minute drill that year after year needs 5 minutes to be run successfully? I could keep on going.

I know we may get someone worse than Reid. We may get someone better. Being afraid of the unknown will keep this team spinning it's wheels. After 10 years, Reid is what he is. He won't go with a balanced attack. Even though it really does work. He wants it done by putting the ball up 60+% of the time. He seems unable or refuses to learn/get better. There has been too much failure of putting the players in better positions to get the job done. Just MHO.
      I agree with the whole post but the bolded part especially. The part I never understood is if he wants to throw 60%+ a game why not go out and get the play makers needed to do it. When McNabb had TO the offense was firing on all cylinders. You couldn't game plan to stop Westy because TO would kill you. Plus they opened things up for guys like LJ and Pinky.

Not saying I want him to throw the ball 60% or more of the time. I would like a more balanced attack too. I just don't understand why you would handicap your own offense like that.

As far as Reid goes, you're right we may get someone better. It worked out well for Tampa. But keeping someone because he is one of the best coaches we've ever had is insane if he isn't producing anymore. The Steelers did that with Noll and they didn't recover for years.

I'm not saying Reid should 100% be fired but he should get an ultimatium. What you're doing is not working it's time to do something else.
      FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

I'll take rookies for $1000, Alex.

Tony Sparano
        Mike Smith

Q: Who are successful coaches who you wouldn't know unless someone gave them a shot?

Hell, even Andy Reid. Rossovich is right. You have to take chances. If you're happy with 1 or 2 games above .500, screaming at the tv about wasted timeouts, lost challenges, stupid players, glaring weaknesses at certain positions, 60/40 pass/call ratio, etc, etc... next year and the year after that and the year after that, then Reid is your man.

Comment

"The Steelers did that with Noll and they didn't recover for years."

And they also did it with Cowher and they won a SB,, Just sayin.

It isn't a matter of being afraid of door #2 or 3, hell I have been through doors 2 through 15.

The bottom line here is that there is not one shred of evidence --- one way or the other-- that this game will have any bearing on whether Reid goes or stays--- none. For all I know he may well have already decided to quit, or Lurie has decided to fire him or re-up him.

And even if there was, I still couldn't root for the Girls over the Eagles. Never!

FD, we are from a different generation and have a different outlook. I can see both sides, just think that your side is "righter" than the other.

Comment

MD, I'm not "righter" in my opinion by any means. I easily see Vin's point of view and admit it has some clear logic to it. I just belong to an other time and my loyalty is fierce which also is not that different from most. I just can't turn my back on my pillars naturally, my country, my God, my family but also my "teams". I've been living here an hour and a half from Tampa for 8 years and I can follow the Bucs, the Rays etc with interest but I will die an Iggles fan. To do anything else, anything less than 100%, that would be dishonorable for me.

Comment

I can't root for the Cowboys, period. Hell, if the Nazi/Al Queda all stars, with Hitler at QB, and Osama Bin Laden at WR, played the Cowboys, I'd root for the Nazi/AQ all stars...

Comment

FD - it's not like i'm going out and buying some Tony Romo gear. My loyalty to the Eagles means I see a different tract to the promised land.

Ok, let's take this to an extreme.

(And please, save your "but there are no guarantees" stuff for something else. This is a hypothetical meant to test your logic.)

If God almighty came down from on high and said "If you root for the Cowboys to beat the Eagles this Sunday, I will give you guys a championship next year." Would you root for the Cowboys?

And if not, isn't that the definition of cutting off your nose to spite your own face?

Now, as I said, if you want change and think Andy Reid is not right for this org (if you do, then you ignore this whole thread) then wouldn't a .00000000000000000000001% increase in chances of the Eagles making a change be better than 0%?
                Last edited by sfphillyfan; 12-27-2008, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I don't care. I can never, ever, ever want the pukes to win. Regardless of what it means for the future plans of the Eagles or world peace.

Comment

The point is you don't know that either option is true!

"Now, as I said, if you want change and think Andy Reid is not right for this org (if you do, then you ignore this whole thread) then wouldn't a .00000000000000000000001% increase in chances of the Eagles making a change be better than 0%?"

You also are of the opinion that Reid -- no matter what -- should be gone, yet there are many people that have some caveats about that.
                    Once again it isn't a one side or the other question, it isn't just black or white.

And why should anybody ignore this thread? Isn't there another entire thread devoted to the AR question? This isn't an AR question, but a question of rooting for or against the Eagles on Sunday!

Comment

I see Vin's POV with needing change and I agree with that.

But I will NEVER root for the Cowboys to beat the Eagles...EVER. If there is one thing that could bring me joy it would be to see the look on TO's face when the Eagles beat them and they are eliminated. Then let the fireworks that are TO begin.

But I agree with MD in that this game has no bearing on Reid's job. IMO the only way Reid is gone is if Reid wants to be gone. Lurie is not going to be quick on the trigger and fire him.
                      FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                        The point is you don't know that either option is true!

"Now, as I said, if you want change and think Andy Reid is not right for this org (if you do, then you ignore this whole thread) then wouldn't a .00000000000000000000001% increase in chances of the Eagles making a change be better than 0%?"

You also are of the opinion that Reid -- no matter what -- should be gone, yet there are many people that have some caveats about that.
                        Once again it isn't a one side or the other question, it isn't just black or white.

And why should anybody ignore this thread? Isn't there another entire thread devoted to the AR question? This isn't an AR question, but a question of rooting for or against the Eagles on Sunday!
                        I got onto AR cause I forgot what damn thread I was in. A senior moment

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                          FD - it's not like i'm going out and buying some Tony Romo gear. My loyalty to the Eagles means I see a different tract to the promised land.

Ok, let's take this to an extreme.

(And please, save your "but there are no guarantees" stuff for something else. This is a hypothetical meant to test your logic.)

If God almighty came down from on high and said "If you root for the Cowboys to beat the Eagles this Sunday, I will give you guys a championship next year." Would you root for the Cowboys?

And if not, isn't that the definition of cutting off your nose to spite your own face?

Now, as I said, if you want change and think Andy Reid is not right for this org (if you do, then you ignore this whole thread) then wouldn't a .00000000000000000000001% increase in chances of the Eagles making a change be better than 0%?
                          SF, you don't need to convince me of the logic of your position. As I just wrote "I easily see Vin's point of view and admit it has some clear logic to it." How can I say I see your point. I just can't agree with your proposal.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                            "The Steelers did that with Noll and they didn't recover for years."

And they also did it with Cowher and they won a SB,, Just sayin.

It isn't a matter of being afraid of door #2 or 3, hell I have been through doors 2 through 15.

The bottom line here is that there is not one shred of evidence --- one way or the other-- that this game will have any bearing on whether Reid goes or stays--- none. For all I know he may well have already decided to quit, or Lurie has decided to fire him or re-up him.

And even if there was, I still couldn't root for the Girls over the Eagles. Never!

FD, we are from a different generation and have a different outlook. I can see both sides, just think that your side is "righter" than the other.
                            ditto

Originally posted by Flying Dutchman View Post
                            MD, I'm not "righter" in my opinion by any means. I easily see Vin's point of view and admit it has some clear logic to it. I just belong to an other time and my loyalty is fierce which also is not that different from most. I just can't turn my back on my pillars naturally, my country, my God, my family but also my "teams". I've been living here an hour and a half from Tampa for 8 years and I can follow the Bucs, the Rays etc with interest but I will die an Iggles fan. To do anything else, anything less than 100%, that would be dishonorable for me.

Sure I would, but that's just because my faith supersedes sports loyalties. But last time I checked you aren't God and I haven't seen any burning bushes lately. So I will move down the "chain of command" to my base sports loyalty.

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                            I see Vin's POV with needing change and I agree with that.

But I will NEVER root for the Cowboys to beat the Eagles...EVER. If there is one thing that could bring me joy it would be to see the look on TO's face when the Eagles beat them and they are eliminated. Then let the fireworks that are TO begin.

But I agree with MD in that this game has no bearing on Reid's job. IMO the only way Reid is gone is if Reid wants to be gone. Lurie is not going to be quick on the trigger and fire him.
                            Exactly. IMO, assuming McNabb is gone and Reid doesn't quit, Reid won't get the axe until the 2010 season because he will get a pass with a new QB next year. Sucks, but IMO that will be Luries thought process.
                            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post

Sure I would, but that's just because my faith supersedes sports loyalties. But last time I checked you aren't God and I haven't seen any burning bushes lately. So I will move down the "chain of command" to my base sports loyalty.

So I guess you could root for the Cowboys to beat the Eagles.

Comment

So I guess you could root for the Cowboys to beat the Eagles.
                                Yes, if God personally told me to root for the Cowboys I guess I could do it.
                                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                                X