Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reuben Frank reporting Eagles made offer to Stallworth

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/ ... 09484.html

WIP apparently confirmed this last night, though I only know tihs secondhand from flyersphans.

Also in the buzz is that he's visiting Miami on Thursday.

So we're still very much in this thing right now. Keeping my fingers crossed...

[-o<
    www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

ESPN Radio is reporting that the Pats and the Titans are showing interest in Donte now.
      www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

pats need to back the f off

i hope they crash and burn this year
        Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Maybe Brady's paternity problems will distract him from football.
          www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

i really believe belicheck was the guy who leaked stallworth's info to the press, can't be just a coincidence that they swooped in right after story appeared in the Inquirer. he is very slimy.
            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Reuben was wrong.
              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Brookover says today that the Eagles only called Rosenhaus yesterday to assure him that they had not leaked the story to the Inquirer.

In the course of that conversation, they were asked if they would consider a one-year deal, and the Eagles apparently said yes to that.

So no offer, but they are certainly still in the mix. i remain somewhat hopeful.
                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I still don't get why no offer. I know that they say they don't want to be "shopped around", but so what?

Tell him "5 yr., $25 with $8 SB, but we would like an opportunity to consider matching if someone offers more. " Or something like that.
                  www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga
                    I still don't get why no offer. I know that they say they don't want to be "shopped around", but so what?

Tell him "5 yr., $25 with $8 SB, but we would like an opportunity to consider matching if someone offers more. " Or something like that.

because they dont want rosenhaus taking their offer somewhere else and turning it into a bidding war, IMO. they want a chance at the end.

Comment

I think you have to at least have an upfront bidding internist, even if Rosenhaus shops it around . That's his job. All they need to do is ask for the right to match it. before he walks. FWIW I think he's as good as gone. They needed to make a reasonable 1st offer that was their responsibility, they didn't do that so I'd assume they're not interested at a market value WR.
                      Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

I guess they are assuming taht Donte will coem back to them for the chance to make a final offer. Like Hugh was supposed to. I'm guessing this will end similar to the Hugh negtiations, with Donte signing elsewhere and the Eagles claiming they were supposed to get one last chance.

Comment

It appears Rosenwhore all but stated they would according to the Brookover article...

Eagles called him to make sure it was clear they did not leak anything...

Drew asked them if they would consider a 1 year deal WHEN they got into monetary negotiations

The Eagles said fine and that they would consider a multi-year deal too...

I am not sure what else people expect from the Eagles...it is clear they know Stall is trying hard to establish his market value and then it seems obvious they will talk again with the Eagles...

If he signs elsewhere, so be it....again when did Stall become such a great player? If we can replace Owens with Stall and have the offense not miss a beat, we can certainly replace Stall with someone and be ok IMO...
                          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by nc
                            I think you have to at least have an upfront bidding internist, even if Rosenhaus shops it around . That's his job. All they need to do is ask for the right to match it. before he walks. FWIW I think he's as good as gone. They needed to make a reasonable 1st offer that was their responsibility, they didn't do that so I'd assume they're not interested at a market value WR.
                            No, all it means is they may not be interested in Stall at the market value which we all agree is out of whack this year...

They have no responsibility to make an offer to Stall before his market value is established and we have no idea what they have told or not told Rosenwhore...

Brookover's article makes it seem to me they touched base with Rosenwhore, he asked them if they would do a 1 year and they replied they would do that or a multi-year one....sounds like they are interested to me in Stall...but do not believe in setting the market or helping Rosenwhore inflate the market...
                            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by nc
                              As good as gone? Ya think!! No problem, we've got Patterson locked up.
                              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                              X