Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Why the heck isn’t Dan Reeves in the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Why the heck isn’t Dan Reeves in the Hall of Fame?

I was doing some fan voting for the next class of the HoF, and I saw Dan Reeves on the list. I thought that couldn’t be right, I must’ve somehow loaded a list of nominees from years ago.

He’s overdue. It’s been 15 years since he retired. He’s the only head coach with four effing SB appearances who’s not in the Hall. Bud Grant’s in the Hall, Marv Levy’s in the Hall, it’s time to induct Dan Reeves.
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

To tell you the truth BE I could come up with 100 guys who should go in if you gave me the time. There have been so many talented guys who haven't gone in. I'm glad that I'm not the one voting every year because the come up with 15-20 nominations and they should all go but only 6 go in.

On Dan Reeves he was also a hell of a ballplayer too.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

IMHO--- Just about ALL HOF's have been diluted over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
        IMHO--- Just about ALL HOF's have been diluted over the years.
        I'm not sure about that MD. There are so many more teams now then when these sports began thus so many great players.

The one thing that does piss me off is the owners putting themselves in the Hall. What a fucking joke that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          I'm not sure about that MD. There are so many more teams now then when these sports began thus so many great players.

The one thing that does piss me off is the owners putting themselves in the Hall. What a fucking joke that is.
          Ain’t that the truth. Jerry effing Jones is in the Hall but not Jimmy Johnson? I don’t like either of them, but give me a break.
          Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 10-05-2018, 02:33 PM.
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
            Ain’t that the truth. Jerry effing Jones is in the Hall but not Jimmy Johnson? I don’t like either of them, but give me a break.

Johnson was a really good coach. I liked him when he coached at the "U" and disliked him...really disliked him when he was with Dallas. I have softened on him a lot because Jones hates him so and Johnson's record makes it clear that Jones is an incompetent hack as a GM and puppet master.
            As for Dan Reeves? He was a good coach and a decent back...but he played for the Cowboys.

So Fuck Him!!

a

Comment

I'm still pissed at Carmichael for finishing his career there.

Comment

I read somewhere that he hated doing it. He barely even saw the field if I remember it right. It’s like, why put yourself through it.
                — Michael Strahan

Comment

Working...
                X