Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FRESH
    Lordy, that's cheap.
    I don't know, wasn't Burgess' deal something like 5/15? I was expecting something more along the lines of 2mil/year. (Or at least, that's what I expected the Eagles to offer)

Comment

Good deal. Juqua is one of my favorite Eagles, nothing to dislike about a DE w/ a motor that never quits and has a knack for getting to the QB. He'll have a chance to get real close to Eli Manning over the next 5 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
        Good deal. Juqua is one of my favorite Eagles, nothing to dislike about a DE w/ a motor that never quits and has a knack for getting to the QB. He'll have a chance to get real close to Eli Manning over the next 5 seasons.
        No he won't. Eli won't be with the Giants that long.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose
          Nice quotes from Juqua about how he loves the organization. That's the rub here that might help keep Stallworth -- while the organization can be pretty cold when it comes to money, the players love the facilities and the coaches and there seems to be a great spirit on the team. it's why i believe shockey probably did tell sheldon brown he wanted to come to the Eagles.

After a career year for the 28-year-old Thomas, he could have signed a huge free-agent contract with another team. But Thomas signed a five-year deal with the Eagles on Friday because the most important thing for him was to be where he is comfortable.

"I just love the organization. I'm proud to be with them," said Thomas. "I just enjoy playing there and I feel comfortable there. It didn't make any sense for me to go somewhere else."
          I'll give Jeff Lurie some credit there then. Sounds like the whole Eagles experience makes them a franchise "that players want to play for."
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

They act like they're trying to establish some kind of "Gold Standard" for how a football team is run. These players are all wrong in liking this team. We fans know that's just not true, don't we! :P

Comment

Really nice deal for both sides. Lets not forget that Juqua up until last year was not real good. He seemed to find it last year though
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
              X