PFT: Banner on Garcia Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FRESH
    What has you so upset about this article, VFK? Theyclearly state that this is what they "believe". It's the writers opinion, not presented as fact. He's as likely wrong as right, but...big deal??
    Re-read the quote, Fresh....they state it is the "reality" and then go even further stating their opinion is McNabb resented Garcia and the adulation he got...

EVIDENCE??

None...and it is in DIRECT opposition to what Garcia has said multiple times, McNabb has said multiple times, Reid has said multiple times, other players like Runyan/Stallworth have said multiple times and what kind of character people like Reid, McNabb, Runyan and Garcia have proven over years and years of being professional athletes and coaches in this league...

What benefit would they have to ALL lie repeatedly? None...yet PFT is going to continue to stand on its own little high horse and proclaim that NONE of that matters....they know the truth, despite having and presenting ZERO evidence to support it, and will continue to hammer McNabb and the Eagles for it....

It is the Eckel and PFT story all over again...they were exposed as flat out moronic fabricators due to that and will never admit it...sad IMO. At least Eckel has STFU.
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
      Talked too much.
      and sucked too much.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Talked too much.
        That's partly true if you think making certain comments to the media can be described as talking too much.

But what did Freddie do with his mouth to make him go ... bye bye?

Comment

Originally posted by Philly Rabbit
          I have a question for you guys.

What ever happened to Freddy Mitchell?

Now .. I know, I know ... Freddie sucked .. he was a bum ... yea .. yea but ... what happened to him?

Freddie had 2 big problems.

1. He was drafted too high ... and that wasn't his fault.

2. He didn't see the ball enough .. whether you think it was because he shouldn't have or not .. that's true.

But what did Freddie do that made him dissapear?

Rabbit I don't think anyone here doubts that Freddie had some of the best hands on the team. He certainly filled a needed role by going over the middle and he usually caught anything near him. Although he couldn't get separation, he was cut for one simple reasons, he couldn't keep his mouth shut. If he would have stayed out of the media and not ended up allowing himself to be used as bulletin board material by the Pats, he would still be here.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
            Talked too much.
            and sucked too much.
            Do you work in the Eagles FO?

Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin

Now .. I know, I know ... Freddie sucked .. he was a bum ... yea .. yea but ... what happened to him?

2. He didn't see the ball enough .. whether you think it was because he shouldn't have or not .. that's true.

Rabbit I don't think anyone here doubts that Freddie had some of the best hands on the team. He certainly filled a needed role by going over the middle and he usually caught anything near him. Although he couldn't get separation, he was cut for one simple reasons, he couldn't keep his mouth shut. If he would have stayed out of the media and not ended up allowing himself to be used as bulletin board material by the Pats, he would still be here.
              Jukin .. has Andy Reid ever benched Mcnabb .. for any reason other than injury? I can't honestly remember a time when he did. Although I could be wrong.

Do you think it was a good idea for them to use Koy Detmer as Mcnabb's backup? If you were the Eagles, would you have replaced him sooner with someone with better playing experience?

Comment

Rabbit - what are you getting at regarding Freddie Mitchell?

Comment

[quote=Philly Rabbit]
                  Originally posted by "Vote for Kalas":16a48
                  Talked too much.
                  and sucked too much.

Just curious.[/quote:16a48]

Grow up. If you are making a serious query, read below.

It was common knowledge Mitchell was a bad WR who never lived up to his potential, thought of himself as the next Jerry Rice and constantly self-promoted his way out of town and out of the NFL...

He had good hands and was tough. He ran alot of the wrong routes, he did not have good speed, he did not get off jams very well and he whined alot about how he was not getting the ball, waving his arms & jumping up and down.

The Eagles run a spread it around offense...no one gets the ball alot unless your name is TO or Westbrook...you know guys with top tier talent.

Then he started taking shots at McNabb and the Eagles...I believe McNabb never could trust him as a teammate since it was obvious Mitchell was out for himself and not the team...

His behavior around the SB was embarrassing and outrageous IMO. Then he played an awful game to back it up. That was really the last straw for the Eagles. They waved him goodbye and evidently the rest of the league knew the truth too because he has never gotten more than a sniff since...he is trying to break I believe into the CFL or Arena League now.

-Andy Reid

Comment

[quote=Philly Rabbit]
                    Originally posted by Jukin
                    Originally posted by "Philly Rabbit":d833d

Jukin .. has Andy Reid ever benched Mcnabb .. for any reason other than injury? I can't honestly remember a time when he did. Although I could be wrong.

Do you think it was a good idea for them to use Koy Detmer as Mcnabb's backup? If you were the Eagles, would you have replaced him sooner with someone with better playing experience?[/quote:d833d]

Has Reid ever had a valid reason to bench McNabb for other than injury?

IMO I would say no.

The Eagles kept Detmer as the primary backup for too long IMO, but in two out of the three times McNabb went down, they had the right backup ready...Feeley stepped in for both McNabb & Detmer and Garcia stepped in for McNabb last season...

In 2005, they had McMahon and the combination of his inexperience and the amount of injuries to the offense around him caused a further slide downhill IMO...plus the defense played poorly as well.

Detmer was also kept around longer due to his holding skills/comfort level with Akers...Akers trusted him completely and that led to great production...

The Eagles should have gotten Johnson up to speed sooner with Akers and then brought in a better backup like Blake or Garcia sooner IMO...

-Andy Reid

Comment

What I'm getting at is Freddie did the unforgivable and critized his quarterback.

I don't think I spelled that right

Comment

What I'm getting at is Freddie did the unforgivable and critized his quarterback.

So, what...it's really McNabb's fault Mitchell was sent packing from the NFL?

-Andy Reid

Comment

[quote=Vote for Kalas][quote="Philly Rabbit":2328b]
                          Originally posted by "Vote for Kalas":2328b
                          Talked too much.
                          and sucked too much.

Just curious.[/quote:2328b]

Grow up. If you are making a serious query, read below.

It was common knowledge Mitchell was a bad WR who never lived up to his potential, thought of himself as the next Jerry Rice and constantly self-promoted his way out of town and out of the NFL...

He had good hands and was tough. He ran alot of the wrong routes, he did not have good speed, he did not get off jams very well and he whined alot about how he was not getting the ball, waving his arms & jumping up and down.

The Eagles run a spread it around offense...no one gets the ball alot unless your name is TO or Westbrook...you know guys with top tier talent.

Then he started taking shots at McNabb and the Eagles...I believe McNabb never could trust him as a teammate since it was obvious Mitchell was out for himself and not the team...

His behavior around the SB was embarrassing and outrageous IMO. Then he played an awful game to back it up. That was really the last straw for the Eagles. They waved him goodbye and evidently the rest of the league knew the truth too because he has never gotten more than a sniff since...he is trying to break I believe into the CFL or Arena League now.[/quote:2328b]

I don't remember Freddie complaining about his teamates except number 5 although I might be wrong. And Freddie wasn't much worse than any other wr Reid drafted and again, it wasn't Freddie's fault the Eagles drafted him as a nunber 1.

Who else complained to the media about number 5's sudden illness in the huddle that is no longer on the team? Who insisted that number 5 didn't get sick? There were 2 camps with this.

Comment

[quote=Vote for Kalas]
                            Originally posted by "Philly Rabbit":6f88a

So, what...it's really McNabb's fault Mitchell was sent packing from the NFL? [/quote:6f88a]

Who labled Freddie as a troublemaker? Who blackballed him?

I've seen Freddie waving his arms at his quarterback when he was open then shake his head when he didn't get the pass. Freddie was putting the expected pressure on himself as trying to live up to being a number 1 pick. AGAIN ... it wasn't his fault he went at number 1.

Comment

Mitchell did a lot more than criticize McNabb - he ripped the whole organization. Add to that giving opposing teams motivation, making yourself look like an ass and bringing embarrassment to the team and not performing when needed most. Other than the 4th and 26 I don't remember him ever stepping up in critical situations. So to recap, he threw his QB under a bus, ripped the organization, gave bulletin board material to opposing players, made a fool of himself and embarrassed the team and then failed to come through when needed the most. Tell me again why you're questioning them dumping him?
                              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I just did tell you the number 1 reason Freddie left and anybody else who dares to say anything negative about number 5 as long as Reid is the coach will suffer the same fate.

Comment

Working...
                                X