Darwin Walker appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darwin Walker appreciation thread

Just wanted to thank Darwin Walker for 6 solid seasons in green. Classy guy and a very solid player overall. I'll always have fond memories of him. Good luck in Buffalo!

Good Luck in Buffalo Highway 97
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Gotta concur. I would rather have seen Rayburn go but they both have done a nice job for the birds over the last few years.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

I would have rather seen Rayburn go also but Rayburn has zero value.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz
          If Sam doesn't get his shit together he'll be cut, no question. The guy was completely non-existent last year when the team really needed someone to step up.

Comment

I do wish Walker well. He was a warrior for us and played through many injuries and never complained. Good luck to a good guy.

Comment

Thanks Darwin, and just STFU if you had any thoughts about touting any "sour grapes" while leaving town----or I'll retract my thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                Originally posted by taz
                If Sam doesn't get his shit together he'll be cut, no question. The guy was completely non-existent last year when the team really needed someone to step up.
                Actually I thought Rayburn got in JJ's doghouse for some reason and was rarely used until late in the year. He then did pretty well as a run stopper on the goal line. I fault JJ for getting out of his rotation plans with both his DTs and DEs. He seems to ride one horse until he kills it. That was certainly part of the problem that Walker faced.

Comment

I'm going to miss hearing my name called after a big sack. Oh well. We'll just have to find another Walker in FA or the draft.

Thanks for the effort, the positive attitude and for being a professional Darwin. Good luck in Buffalo. Beat those Colts, Chargers and Pats for us.
                  Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro

Thanks for the effort, the positive attitude and for being a professional Darwin. Good luck in Buffalo.
                    Ditto...
                    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Darwin was the only current Eagle I had met. One time, I saw him at the Knoxville ariport, and he talked for five minutes to me and my then six-year old daughter. He is a classy guy and I'm sorry he is no longer an Eagle.

Comment

I wonder how Belmont Shore is taking this. He's got Walker in Canton.
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Damn, I should have been the one to start this thread.

Shoot, I remember Dlinemen dropping like flies around Darwin a few years back, and the man took an absolute beating. One game I rememberhe dragged himself off the ground after a play and started hobbling towards the sidelines, only to be waved back on to the field, we didn't have anyoneone to REPLACE HIM! ANd he continued to gut it out.

I appreciate ya, D-Dub, good luck in Buffalo. We will miss "the claw".
                          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

All in all, a class guy who had some good moments with the Birds. I'll follow him with the Bills, who are on the tube every Sunday up here.

Comment

Thanks for the lift, big guy!!

Darwin with his family, his Dad probably had that smile the whole day:
                              "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                              — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                              - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Working...
                              X