No announcement yet.

Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lived in Bars is a great song. The Greatest is my fav Cat Power album. It's got that nice southern flavor to it.

Of course, how could I fail to mention Fiona Apple.

Oh and if any of you like Norah Jones (no, I'm not gay) check out Leona Naess self titled album. I listen to it more than Norah.

Comment

I like Fiona, but her last album missed the mark for me. I still listen to Tidal, Shadow Boxer is one of my favorite songs of all time.
      I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

OK, i know my likes are a little different from all of yours, but my bf took me to a HIM concert a little ago, the music was OK, but the place where they played was way too small, so it sounded like crap.

Also, we were supposed to be going to a concert last night. It was 3 tribute bands for the original bands AC/DC, KISS, and OZZY. We had tickets to go, but ended up not going, we were too tired from tubing that we didn't go. It would have been pretty good though.
        move the table...just once more!
        http://www.harmonyriley.com/comedy/

Comment

Originally posted by trufresh17
          I like Fiona, but her last album missed the mark for me. I still listen to Tidal, Shadow Boxer is one of my favorite songs of all time.
          I didn't like it at first either but it's really grown on me. Parting Gift is a standout track. I loved When the Pawn... and there are some song on Tidal that make it hard to believe she was like 18 when she recorded that album.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
            Originally posted by trufresh17
            I didn't like it at first either but it's really grown on me. Parting Gift is a standout track. I loved When the Pawn... and there are some song on Tidal that make it hard to believe she was like 18 when she recorded that album.
            Perhaps I should give it another chance. Sounds like we have similar music tastes, Vin. Have you listened to Rachel Yamagata (Happenstance) or Over the Rhine (Ohio)? Or anything by Emiliana Torrini?

Comment

Rachel Yamagata is great. I mostly like her stuff except for a few songs where she does the weird thing female singers do when they go with deep voices. I have no idea what the hell it's called. You see it a lot from Christina Aguilerra and R&B singers. I can't stand it.

I haven't heard of the other two you mentioned. I'll have ot check it out.

Comment

trufresh - great notes.

I've always liked Beth Orton but she hasn't been able to top Central Reservation which I feel is her best album.

Comment

New Thom Yorke album due out July 10th has leaked to the internet. Hardcore Radiohead fans will be happy with this one. It's great!

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                    trufresh - great notes.

I've always liked Beth Orton but she hasn't been able to top Central Reservation which I feel is her best album.
                    I agree. I also like the stuff she's done with William Orbit, although I'm not extremely excited about the stuff he does without her. They should release an album together.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                      trufresh - great notes.

Word to that. I love Central Reservation, but have never been able to get into any of her other albums.
                      The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

One of my most anticipated shows exceeded my expectations.

I saw Radiohead last night at the Tower Theater. My buddy & I snuck down to the 5th row. It was the greatest concert I've ever been a part of. To see a band of this magnitude at a venue like the Tower was unreal.

Comment

They always deliver.

How did you sneak to the 5th row?

The concert I'm going to is GA but the venue is so awesome that it's perfect for them.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                            They always deliver.

How did you sneak to the 5th row?

The concert I'm going to is GA but the venue is so awesome that it's perfect for them.
                            We just walked along the aisle of the far wall all the way. There was security right there and yet they didn't care that we stood where we were.

Here's the setlist (they played a bunch of new tunes):

01 You And Whose Army
                            02 The National Anthem
                            03 2+2=5
                            04 Open Pick
                            05 15 Step
                            06 Exit Music
                            07 Kid A
                            08 Nude
                            09 Arpeggi
                            10 Street Spirit
                            11 Pyramid Song
                            12 Myxomatosis
                            13 House of Cards
                            14 Spooks
                            15 Idioteque
                            16 Bangers N Mash
                            17 There There

Encore 1:
                            18 Airbag
                            19 No Surprises
                            20 Bodysnatchers
                            21 Everything in its right place

Encore 2:
                            22 4 Minute Warning
                            23 Karma Police

Comment

That's a great setlist. 2 encores is nice as well.

No surprises has got to be one of my favorite Radiohead songs. If they'd have done True Love Waits, that would've capped it.

Comment

No Surprises was awesome.

Exit Music gave me goosebumps because Thom Yorke starts so quiet on the acoustic guitar and the entire place went dead silent to hear him.

I was hoping they'd play the National Anthem which they did but Airbag was the highlight for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X