Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Eagles will beat...the spread GDT @ New England 11/25/07

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess
    Although a victory would have been most satisfying, I still applaud the Eagles' fighting spirit. The pats are undefeated, but now, everyone sees that they are beatable IMO.
    Agreed; that might have been Andy's best coached game of his career.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Although a victory would have been most satisfying, I still applaud the Eagles' fighting spirit. The pats are undefeated, but now, everyone sees that they are beatable IMO.
      No doubt. We STILL shocked the world tonight, believe that.

And Fuck any idiots who took the Pats with that spread.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
        No doubt. We STILL shocked the world tonight, believe that.

And Fuck any idiots who took the Pats with that spread.
        I never bet for, or against, the Eagles. But, I just had to bet on the Eagles today with that rediculous spread

That spread was a slap in the face.

Comment

0ur offense outscored their offense...that's what makes this so much more painful.

Go Birds - use this to turn things around and make the playoffs. Who's going to make it - the Lions? the Redskins?

Comment

2nd and 4 at the 29 with just over 4 minutes left, holding on to just one time out, and down a field goal. Against the most efficient offense in the game. You've moved the ball methodically. In some situations a surprise strike to the end zone would be the right call. You want to move the ball and move the clock though. Score and leave very little time left for New England. Pass, was the wrong call.

Feeley threw an ill-advised ball to a receiver that had not sold his move...but his coach put him in that situation. The Eagles needed to score and use up the clock. If they score six there, New England very likely gets in a position to score again. They were moving and using up the clock. They should have run the ball on that second down call. Air Reid got impatient. And then his QB caught the same fever.

Worst case scenerio, assuming no fumble...no gain. 3d and 4. Time keeps ticking. They've executed third and shorts well on this drive. The run could have gotten a first down and moved the chains...best case scenerio. Or even another short safe pass...

They went for broke all night. Once they got in a match point situation though, they needed to be more patient. Feeley feels like feces right now...but he's my hero for at least a week.
            Coach Reid: great drive...it was time to have a full back in there. See....New England's use of Malroney.....

Can't let disappointment carry me to Monday though. They came to life tonight.
            Sonny J

Comment

I am interested to hear the talking heads on TV and screamers on talk radio. Will the story be about how the Pats escaped the wrath of the underdog, how the league now has a blueprint to handle them, or more about AJ and D-Mac, creating a soap opera and yet again vilifying McNabb?

Comment

Working...
              X