NFL Trade/FA Ticker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Trade/FA Ticker

Giants get Alec Ogletree LB and 2019 7th rd pick for 4th and th rd pick in 2018
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Thanks for putting this together.

That is a very good move for the Giants. It also says they want to compete this year.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

What is going on with the Rams? Has to be a salary dump.

Comment

they need to sign Donald and some others I believe
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

That didn't take long.

Titans to release veteran RB DeMarco Murray

The Titans have announced that they have informed running back DeMarco Murray that he will be released.
          "I want to thank DeMarco for his contributions as a Titan, not only for what he did on the field but also in the locker room and in the community," Titans general manager Jon Robinson released in a statement. "He was a pro in every facet and we wish him and his family the best moving forward."
          Around The NFL will have more on this story soon.

Comment

Rams building a strong secondary

While the Seahawks are tearing down the Legion of Boom, the reigning NFC West champions are reloading on defense to ensure their standing atop the division.
            The Rams and Broncos have finalized a deal that will send veteran cornerback Aqib Talib to Los Angeles in exchange for a 2018 fifth-round draft pick, NFL Network's James Palmer and NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via sources informed of the situation.
            The move comes just hours after Rapoport reported a standoff in trade talks involving Talib and the Patriots.
            "For Talib, there were really only two places he wanted to go," Rapoport explained on Thursday's edition of NFL Total Access. "New England, where of course he had a lot of success with Bill Belichick and the Patriots. And Los then Angeles with the Rams, where he would get to play under Wade Phillips, his former defensive coordinator in Denver."

Comment

Sam Shields is giving it another go, and he's heading west to do so.
              The veteran cornerback signed with the Los Angeles Rams, the team announced Thursday.
              Signed as an undrafted free agent by Green Bay in 2010, Shields grew to become an effective corner for the Packers for much of the decade, making the Pro Bowl in 2014 before concussions became an issue. He suffered his fourth of his career in the first game of the 2016 season and hasn't played since.
              Shields had a visit scheduled with the Cleveland Browns this week, per Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal, but decided to sign with the team he visited first. If he can stay healthy, he'll bring experience to the back end of a defense that ranked 13th in the league in passing yards allowed per game, just retained its stellar safety Lamarcus Joyner and has a deal in place to acquire rising star corner Marcus Peters.
              Shields also serves as an insurance policy and depth addition in case the Rams lose both Nickell Robey-Coleman and Trumaine Johnson in free agency, which begins next week and seems likely after the agreement to acquire Peters.

Comment

Sherman gets 3 yrs 39 mill from the 9ers. Wow !

Comment

I think the 49ers were excited by the way the year finished with Garapalo and think they can compete again. The Rams also think they are close. On the other hand Seattle appears to be in high speed rebuild
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

I am not sure that Talib is better than Truamane Johnson who the Rams are losing as a free agent. Sherman to the 49ers is a big name but a big name who is on the other side of 30 and is coming off two achilles injuries. Big risk by the 49ers.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I think it’s gonna be about Vikes (with Cousins) and Green Bay this year, as well as the Rams. Fortunately the Vikes and Pack are in the same division, so one of them will have a tough road.
                      Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                      Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                        I am not sure that Talib is better than Truamane Johnson who the Rams are losing as a free agent. Sherman to the 49ers is a big name but a big name who is on the other side of 30 and is coming off two achilles injuries. Big risk by the 49ers.
                        that's why I gave the Sherman deal a Wow! I wonder when the out comes in that deal.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                          that's why I gave the Sherman deal a Wow! I wonder when the out comes in that deal.
                          My guess is regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                            I saw 3 years for $39 million with a $5 million bonus. He never left SF to talk to anybody else so I'll bet that he wants to stick it to Seattle.
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                              I saw 3 years for $39 million with a $5 million bonus. He never left SF to talk to anybody else so I'll bet that he wants to stick it to Seattle.
                              That or he realized they had drastically over paid and didn’t want to give them a chance to change their minds.
                              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                              X