No announcement yet.

NFL Trade/FA Ticker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jets trade up to #3 in the draft with the Colts. Very interesting this could effect Buffalo's idea of trading up from 12 for a QB. They may indeed come back after Foles with a stronger offer.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
      Jets trade up to #3 in the draft with the Colts. Very interesting this could effect Buffalo's idea of trading up from 12 for a QB. They may indeed come back after Foles with a stronger offer.
      WOW! Things are heating up for the draft already! I wonder who they're after?
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Not the most comforting thought from your GM

“I know everyone assumes that we’re going higher than 12; I don’t know what we’re doing, I honestly don’t,” Beane said Friday. “We’ll see. We’ve got, I think, six weeks from yesterday until the draft. Over that time, I’m really going to get to know every player, not only the quarterbacks, of who we’re going to consider.”

Comment

Time of the year I hate the most-- I know some of you guys like this part---- I hate the rampant speculation. The know nothing articles and stories that like to portray that THEY KNOW what is going on and who is doing what. The "unnamed" source stories that are just made up to fill a deadline or just space or just to stir the pot!

IMM, it's just rubbish until the draft get's here... or we sign some F/A's.

Comment

Absolutely. That GM is saying something to get the reporter off his radar. The Vikings radio network play by play guy was on the other day and said straight up he and his partner were played by Mike Zimmer at the combine. Zimmer said this and that about QBs and signing guys but then turned around and did the complete opposite. I really believe anyone putting all their faith in what a FO guy says this time of year will also fall for the IRS scam or any other scam.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

I get your point fellas, I really do. But having your general manager say that he "honestly don't have a plan" is scary and I don't care what time of year he says it. It doesn't matter if you lie or not, but I think something like "this doesn't alter our plan" sounds a lot better. To me it sounded like he was shaken up by the trade.

Comment

I wonder how this will influence the Giants pick? Will the fact that teams like the Jets are openly positioning themselves to grab a franchise QB pressure NY to get Eli’s replacement now instead of gong for Barkley? I had a fear that the Giants would use the #2 spot to grab Barkley and then try to trade back into the first round for a QB. With what looks like a possible run on QBs forming, will they try to get a top QB first in the hopes that a quality RB (not named Barkley) will be available later? And if so, does this turn out to be a blessing or a curse for us? I obviously don’t want them to find a legit franchise QB, nor do I want to see them with a rare RB monster. We already have to deal with Elliott and we have seen how his presence helps Dak. I don’t want a repeat of this situation in NY!
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                  I wonder how this will influence the Giants pick? Will the fact that teams like the Jets are openly positioning themselves to grab a franchise QB pressure NY to get Eli’s replacement now instead of gong for Barkley? I had a fear that the Giants would use the #2 spot to grab Barkley and then try to trade back into the first round for a QB. With what looks like a possible run on QBs forming, will they try to get a top QB first in the hopes that a quality RB (not named Barkley) will be available later? And if so, does this turn out to be a blessing or a curse for us? I obviously don’t want them to find a legit franchise QB, nor do I want to see them with a rare RB monster. We already have to deal with Elliott and we have seen how his presence helps Dak. I don’t want a repeat of this situation in NY!
                  I hope that they go the QB route. It's fun watching QB controversies.

Comment

I think they hope Baker Mayfield is there at the top of the second. That would be a big gamble though.
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                      I think they hope Baker Mayfield is there at the top of the second. That would be a big gamble though.
                      I'd love for him to go to the Giants. He's already said that he isn't planning on sitting. He can't keep his mouth shut. The Eagle fans would have a blast with him.

Comment

I think the Giants situation depends entirely on Eli. If they think he's playing on borrowed time, they probably should grab a QB that they can sit for a couple of seasons to learn. If they want to win now, which they probably do, they can take Barkley. The other option, which makes sense as well, is to trade down and grab a bunch of picks.

I like Mayfield. He might be the best QB in this draft, mouth and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                          I think the Giants situation depends entirely on Eli. If they think he's playing on borrowed time, they probably should grab a QB that they can sit for a couple of seasons to learn. If they want to win now, which they probably do, they can take Barkley. The other option, which makes sense as well, is to trade down and grab a bunch of picks.

I like Mayfield. He might be the best QB in this draft, mouth and all.
                          You could be right about Mayfield EB, he's one hell of a college QB. Not too many of those cocky bastards make it in the NFL at that position though for some reason. I thought that he was the best QB in college and would go number 1 in the draft last September. I've been doubting that since December though. Now I think that he's a day 2 pick and I've got the feeling that he does too because he's staying home for the draft. I don't blame him because I think that it would be a long day for him. Then again if he did go number 1 it might be fun seeing him stomping up to the stage and hugging Goodell with that cockey crap. I really don't know how to take the guy.

Comment

Mayfield very well could slide, but I don't think he'll slide out of the first round.

It's going to be interesting for sure.

Comment

With all the QB moves in FA/trade period you have to wonder which teams feel like they found their guy and which are looking to draft their guy but have him sit a year.
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                                With all the QB moves in FA/trade period you have to wonder which teams feel like they found their guy and which are looking to draft their guy but have him sit a year.
                                I find it hard to believe that...

The Browns think Tyrod Taylor is the franchise QB to lead the team into the future.

or the Cardinals actually think Sam Bradford's knee will hold up for a season.

or the Jets moved up to #3 in the draft believing that Bridgewater is the franchise QB to lead the team into the future.

I don't think those moves change anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X