How can you be this bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you be this bad?

Rivas' drive over the wall in the left-field corner was called fair by third base umpire Brian O'Nora. Television replays, however, clearly showed the ball sailed to the left of the net that serves as a foul pole at Olympic Stadium and should have been ruled foul.
    Did the league fine that umpire? Did he get suspended? Such crap.
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Its an EXPOS game man. No one cares. They have some softball league guys out there drunk going "Ah yeah...looks fair...sweet."
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Refereeing in general has been poor in all sports. Outisde of the NFL, there is little oversight of the referees. Mark Cuban has done the NBA a great service by tracking the refs calls over the last few years, but I don't think the NBA has listened much to his complaints, although they are valid.

Comment

ok superman

I couldn't even tell at first through all of the replays that it was fair or not. Baseball as whole is the hardest sport to umpire. I would say football is but they have replay now. Decisions in baseball are made by millimeters and it has a certain tradition with its officiating that shouldn't ever change. Baseball is the only respectable sport still. Lets not give the umpires too bad a time. Maybe give him a fine or small suspension but don't do too much.

Comment

Working...
        X