CBS Sportsline: Phillies 1st Half Grade = C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS Sportsline: Phillies 1st Half Grade = C

And they were led by ... Eric Milton? What happened to Kevin Millwood? And Randy Wolf? And Brett Myers? And ... another interesting year for the Phillies. They could have run away and hid from the rest of this mediocre division long ago, but they refuse to play at a level that would put them more than five or six games above .500. Manager Larry Bowa remains ready to blow at any given moment. First baseman Jim Thome is earning every penny by producing on the field and helping keep the rest of the team calm off of it with Bowa lurking in the background. Pat Burrell is back, and Bobby Abreu is fun. There is no reason why this team shouldn't win the division by six or more games.
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

This team definitely underachieves. They need one of their pitchers to step up and start leading the bullpen. I would like to hope that this will be Millwood, but I highly doubt it. Hopefully Wade can bring in Randy Johnson or some other #1 starter before the deadline but I'm not holding my breath on that one either.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I've been reading that Schilling might talk his buddy Johnson into joining him in beantown. Could you imagine? Talk about no excuses for the chowds.
      Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

As long as he doesn't go to the Yankees.

Seems like all the Millwood, Polanco for Morris and Kline chatter has subsided. I'm pretty happy about that, BTW. I wouldn't mind so much if Kline left, but MM still is pitching well, he just needs to stop giving of so many freakin' dingers.
        I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X