Eagles sign LB Corey Nelson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles sign LB Corey Nelson

From Denver special teams guy who was starting to play a little more last year before he got hurt
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Originally posted by taz View Post
    From Denver special teams guy who was starting to play a little more last year before he got hurt
    He plays weak side linebacker. This might make Kendricks a little nervous.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

the way this team wants to keep improving depth, maybe just Walker and Goode need to worry
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
        the way this team wants to keep improving depth, maybe just Walker and Goode need to worry
        If the Eagles picked up jbird Walker should be worried.

Comment

"Back in the Day" I could really Bring It! All kidding aside, I think the Birds have more in mind than just a ST's guy for this Kid. Gotta see how things shake out in TC.
          Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I wonder if Goode will be back and Walker certainly hasn't shown to be anything special
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              I wonder if Goode will be back and Walker certainly hasn't shown to be anything special
              I think they move on from both of them.

I think Kendricks is gone via a trade. With Nelson and GERRY (whom played well on special teams and I liked what I saw during the Dallas game of him). I think they are covered at weak side linebacker.

They need a backup middle linebacker/starter (since Hicks is hurt all the time)

They need two strong side linebackers at the minimum. I would expect another lower level signing in FA plus at least one draft pick used on a linebacker and a few UDFA linebackers coming in.

Wouldn't surprise me if they trade Curry for a young linebacker and a low level pick.

Comment

I don't see anyone trading for a 12 million DE who hasn't reached 11 or 12 sacks in a season
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

They need to look for a good prospect in the draft. In addition though I wouldn't mind them talking to Nick Deluca from NDSU as an UDFA. Some say he will be drafted but it won't surprise me to see him wind up as an UDFA. Not sure he has the talent level but he is a smart LB and has shown signs that he might develop.
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
                    "Back in the Day" I could really Bring It! All kidding aside, I think the Birds have more in mind than just a ST's guy for this Kid. Gotta see how things shake out in TC.
                    I'll bet that you could Big Fella!! We all had our day in the sun Bud. Time for the kids to pull their weight now.

Back on topic, Walker just can't compete at this level. He's way overmatched for the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                      I don't see anyone trading for a 12 million DE who hasn't reached 11 or 12 sacks in a season
                      Except he is not a 12 million dollar defensive end, that is his CAP HIT for the Eagles. His salary this year is 9 million. Much different conversation

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                        They need to look for a good prospect in the draft. In addition though I wouldn't mind them talking to Nick Deluca from NDSU as an UDFA. Some say he will be drafted but it won't surprise me to see him wind up as an UDFA. Not sure he has the talent level but he is a smart LB and has shown signs that he might develop.
                        What a great homer you are ND!!

Comment

Working...
                        X